United Kingdom
Reading
flag msg tools
https://www.instagram.com/amassgames/
badge
https://www.instagram.com/amassgames/
mbmbmbmbmb
Simon L - Just One
My co-op of the year could easily be one of several games, partially from the party genre. However, in the serious weighting you have Pandemic: Fall of Rome, Nemesis, Robin Hood and the Merry Men, Forbidden Sky and Root (marginally collaborative). However, my pick for Co-op of the Year would be a party game. In fact, it's up there in the top three for game of the year. A simple game, akin to Codenames and Decrypto, a word game where you work together - Just One.

I was at the inaugural Tabletop Gaming Live in September. Whilst I thought I wasn't sure the event was going to be a hit and knowing some people skipped it in case it wasn't, I can see it growing in attendance next year (however, being London, I heard the fees for sellers were high). So, I was demonstrating some games on the Saturday. Decrypto was put away apparently in the night and a game with Under Construction printed on the cover was on a table (with Just One also listed). We learnt some other games we hadn't so far then, like nervous, curious and timid, yet bold cats, we walked over and had a look.

We quickly learnt it and the seven of us (plays seven) sat down and gave it a go. There are many cards, each with five words on them. The guesser says a number and the group, co-operatively, must get the guesser to guess the word correctly. Play continues until 13 guesses have been made and you aim to get a high amount of correct answers. However, everyone writes down on their written rack, with the erasable pens, one word to aid the guesser. The twist is, once written, everyone reveals and those with the same words are cancelled out and thus reducing the clues available. The laughter that followed led to other groups becoming curious and taking a look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Baker
msg tools
I like big games and I cannot lie
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes of Terrinoth
Dawn of Peacemakers

Both from 2018
I don't know if I would count Robin Hood. It has a co-op mode but it isn't a co-op game. Maybe I am being picky here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls