4 Posts

Carcassonne: The City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Towers question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Danner

Oregon
msg tools
The rulebook doesn't address what happens when a player runs out of towers.
Playing the game last night, I was still able to complete features and place walls, but I'd run out of towers to place after placing my walls. Are the towers considered to be limited or unlimited in the game? If they're limited, then I assume that accruing points for placed walls is no longer an option after you've run out of towers. Is this correct?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Been a while since I've played. But the rules say that you MAY place a tower on your turn. So I would assume they're limited, as you can hold them for better scoring later if you wanted. (you could play none!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The towers are definitely limited.

Because of this, you often don't want to place one unless you can get a big score (long run of walls to the new tower).

In some cases, there is a game of "chicken" in which you wait and don't place a tower, hoping to get a longer run - and to be able to score it before an opponent does.

If you play your towers too quickly (for smaller scores), you make it easier for opponent(s) to hold theirs back and wait to make really big scores.

Thus, it something that you have to balance in your play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick West
Scotland
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity....
badge
....and I'm not certain about the universe." Albert Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
....especially in the two player game.

When playing with the full complement towers obviously score less, often four points as you know the opportunity won’t come all way the around again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls