Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

The Red Dragon Inn» Forums » General

Subject: Need another trove rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goddammit! Quality and on time delivery are not mutually exclusive!
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay Slug Guys,

I don't even have Ohava vs Murgath yet, and my character trove is FULL!

I have every expansion released to date, excluding Chronos, and have the cards sleeved in FFG standard card sleeves. This has resulted in the RDI5 Character Trove being maxed out - and that is not even including the all 7 drink decks.

This means that I carry all the extra tokens and drink decks in the RDI6 box (just like the cover).

So, I don't mind carrying two boxes, but I am out of organized deck room. Can the next KS for RDI8 include a character trove size box as an option?

BTW - I think the expansion method of releasing two characters together with one being a boss battle character is great - just loved Adonis and the Lich King.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would be nice to see another, slightly Amber trove for the villains, player boards, tokens, event deck, and similar things.

Still waiting on a nice comprehensive character guide rulebook so I don't have to keep 20 separate rules flyers in there too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beaulieu
Canada
Timmins
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AMEN to the rules flyers... man the sheer amount of paperwork that I have tucked away is out of control.

I had to have a second box for all the tokens and coins. I like the idea of one trove for the characters and others for the tokens/event cards/ special character specific stuff/etc.

I'll patiently wait in the meantime. Good thing I love the game. haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Escobedo
United States
Rockville
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FYI, they teased exactly what you are asking for in the latest email newsletter...

Jesse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor leitner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are getting a kickstarter on Feb 20th with a new bigger box among other goodies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Camilo North
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leitner wrote:
We are getting a kickstarter on Feb 20th with a new bigger box among other goodies.
Relevant link: https://www.facebook.com/SlugFestGames/videos/38023687942243...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Waller
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
A few days ago we teased some details for our next product/project: The Red Dragon Inn Smorgasbox.

The retail version will include a BFG-sized box giving players a bit more wiggle room and a good place to stow the various coins/tokens/bits to free up wells in the RDI5 box. You can also store characters in the wells of the Smorgasbox. I've heard a number of folks mention that the form factor will be great for putting their favorite characters into it for traveling and such.

The Kickstarter Campaign will have a collector's edition that will, among other things, upgrade the BFG-sized box to an RDI5-sized one. That should give folks TONS of room for all their goodies for a good long while.

We've been hearing that plenty of folks (particularly those who sleeve their cards) have (over-)filled their RDI5 box by this point. A yet-again larger box seems like an outrageous waste, and making another RDI5-sized box available in retail does not sound too exciting to retailers. So we are splitting the difference and using KS as a way to try and offer the uber-fans what they want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam, thanks for popping in and responding

I am anxiously awaiting the Kickstarter on the 20th. I rarely back Kickstarters, however, I have no trepidation with SFG Kickstarters as these have always been run very well.

One request from a loyal fan who is interested in the Smorgasbox:
Please don't have the metal components drive up the cost too much. While metal components are nice, they don't add much to the game play experience.
For example, with RDI7 I was very interested in the Collectors Edition to get he 6 additional promo cards.
As much as I wanted to 6 extra promo cards I just couldn't justify the additional $40 which seemed to be primarily for coasters and a metal turn marker.

So please consider what those accessories bring to the experience when determining your KS packages.
If I want the additional ancillary items I tend to buy them on my own - as I did with the truly awesome RDI Beer Steins from Zazzle. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Wagner Hansen
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
designer
Any time, any place!
badge
Fingers off, that's my car!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam Waller wrote:
We've been hearing that plenty of folks (particularly those who sleeve their cards) have (over-)filled their RDI5 box by this point. A yet-again larger box seems like an outrageous waste, and making another RDI5-sized box available in retail does not sound too exciting to retailers. So we are splitting the difference and using KS as a way to try and offer the uber-fans what they want.
Then you better make that Kickstarter EU friendly. Please, pretty please...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Shelby Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lucioperca wrote:
leitner wrote:
Relevant link: https://www.facebook.com/SlugFestGames/videos/38023687942243...
Thank you for posting this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor leitner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably a bit late to make this happen, but if we had some promo add-ons or SGs that would be pretty awesome. Especially Wizard's Wine or the season 1 promos like gambler's grog.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls