Rob Lee
msg tools
mbmbmb
This game is a favorite of family game night, it's just getting a little stale. Any suggestions of something similar, or a team based card game in general{with some sort of theme, i know there are plenty of traditional card games that fit this)? PnP is a major plus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know of anything that fits all your criteria, but here are a few games to possibly check out:

Bughouse Chess is played with exactly 4 players on 2 chessboards using chess clocks (or equivalent apps). It is a fast 2 vs. 2 game and if you have 2 chess sets and boards, you may not need to buy anything in order to play. (No theme, obviously.)

The Mind is a cooperative card game in which everyone is on the same side. This is close to print-and-play -- you can play it using index cards numbered 1 to 100 and a printout or two from BGG. Or you can use the cards from The Game on Fire (compilation) if you happen to have that already. (Very little theme in this one.)

Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 1 – Team Asia & Legendary Asia is an expansion to Ticket to Ride in which each player has a partner to build routes with, but there is no talking allowed. This is a bit more complex than Mille Bornes, but probably a nice step up. A bit of theme, but not print and play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Shaw
United Kingdom
Fleet
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Too many games, too little time!
mbmbmbmbmb
“Team based card game” says Tichu to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gary o
United States
Roseville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bandido

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Gillespie

Drayton
North Dakota
msg tools
Saboteur is a card game that shares some mechanics with Mille Bornes and there are two factions that function like teams, needs 5 or 6 players to really be fun though. It is something like a cross between Mille Bornes and Water Works. The Mille Bornes enthusiasts in my life seem to enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls