Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David B
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't used the Building Site tiles yet, but I was looking at their rules in the rulebook and find it very confusing. Specifically I have several questions which aren't answered by the text.

1. If you are the player that revealed the Building Site tile, the rules on page 37 say you can immediately build on the the available expansion tiles and take control of the tile for 1 conviction. It doesn't say that you have to visit the site to do this. So presumably you could visit and take control of another site in the same turn you do this, correct?

2. If the player who draws the Building Site tile out of the bag doesn't build there the rules say another player can build there on their turn by using their "map action". What's a "map action"? Does this mean the Visit action? Or possibly the Move action? Really confused by this.

3. Does this second player build in the same way, with the same effect? i.e. they pay a conviction and immediately gain control of the tile? Seems logical, but it isn't said specifically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know ON is pretty busy with the new kickstarter right now, but I was hoping to get an answer here. Does anyone know how this works?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Tom Casual
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The intention with the building site tiles is that when you draw one from the bag it goes down on the board. When you take a visit action on a building site tile you spent one conviction and then build/visit/control the tile of your choice from the ones set aside for this purpose.

Hope this helps!

Please go ahead and ignore this monkey. I know that's weird...just...go with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, thanks for the clarification. Just to make sure I've got this completely correct, the player who reveals the building site tile would have to take a visit action and spend a conviction to replace the building site with one of the set aside tiles? Or is using a visit action only required after the initial draw and reveal of a building site?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls