Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alyssa Bee
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm about to buy Sagrada.

I checked the prices on the geekmarket, the cheapest is 36 euro plus 13,90!!! shipped from a neigbouring country.

I wonder why ppl should buy games on here, when my local bookstore (thalia) sells the game totally new for 29,99 (with free delivery from 30 on)
and even amazon for 29,80 (free delivery from 29 euro on)

I mean everyone can google that to compare prices.

And this is not only sagrada. I recently bought the goodie box spielepreis 2018 cause the whole box was way cheaper than what people on here wanted for the azul expansion only, although the box contains 4 mini expansions and 1 bonus black stories Essen.

I wonder why on earth anyone should buy a game on here with prices far, far away from moderate.
Shouldn't this be a place where ppl give others the opportunity to buy stuff they owe and don't need to those who want it for a smaller price than any simple google search would present?

Or is there something that i don't understand?
Then pls let me know.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Hengst II
United States
Bangor
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
Sweep the Leg!
mbmbmbmbmb
alyssababe wrote:
I'm about to buy Sagrada.

I checked the prices on the geekmarket, the cheapest is 36 euro plus 13,90!!! shipped from a neigbouring country.

I wonder why ppl should buy games on here, when my local bookstore (thalia) sells the game totally new for 29,99 (with free delivery from 30 on)
and even amazon for 29,80 (free delivery from 29 euro on)

I mean everyone can google that to compare prices.

And this is not only sagrada. I recently bought the goodie box spielepreis 2018 cause the whole box was way cheaper than what people on here wanted for the azul expansion only, although the box contains 4 mini expansions and 1 bonus black stories Essen.

I wonder why on earth anyone should buy a game on here with prices far, far away from moderate.
Shouldn't this be a place where ppl give others the opportunity to buy stuff they owe and don't need to those who want it for a smaller price than any simple google search would present?

Or is there something that i don't understand?
Then pls let me know.

Thanks!

I have wondered this very thing myself from time to time. The first thing people should do when they sell and item is look at Boardgameprices, or at least Amazon. If it is selling for $30 on Amazon with free shipping, then selling it for $35 plus shipping seems like a poor choice. Then again, some folks just want something when they see it and grab it without another thought. I am always trying to find a good price, unless it is some KS exclusive-filled game or something out of Print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
People are free to set whatever prices they want in the Geek Market. Presumably, if they're too high, they won't sell anything.

Also, some listings may be older, and market prices may have changed since then - particularly if a game was out of print.

By all means, do your research, and don't pay more than you have to!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. "Ponder" Rummy
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
"there are many ways you can pay your rent, but that’s not really who you are, and the rest of the time you can polish a little part of your mind until it’s bright enough for someone else to notice." - Jerry Holkins
mbmbmbmbmb
the reasonably priced games are missing from the list because they get bought. sometimes i can't help but want to kick myself when i set a price that gets snatched up immediately. i should be happy the game is gone! instead i grouch to myself about how another five dollars more would have covered the paypal and geekmarket fees. sigh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Bob742
msg tools
War is a Racket - Maj Gen Smedley Darlington Butler d
mbmbmb
Well, with Sagrada, my copy was 5th printing.

I doubt it will be out of print forever

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls