Preet Tohvi
msg tools
Hi! I haven't played Fenris yet, but I'll probably get to start my first campaign playthrough next week. I have some questions that I hope someone can answer (without unnecessary spoilers beyond what I'm asking about):

1. I heard that some games in the campaign have the potential to be shorter than a typical regular Scythe game. Which games, specifically? Are any games longer than usual?

2. Apparently, it's recommended that airships only be used in one specific game (or maybe more than one?). Is this clear from the Fenris rulebook? If not - which game(s) is suitable for airships?

3. Can the (player-created) Scythe: Encounters deck be used with Fenris, or could that create conflicts between those (more varied than standard Encounters) cards and the goals in Fenris?

4. Will every player have the opportunity to switch to another faction during the campaign, or just some players?

Again, please answer as briefly as possible; I'd like answers to my questions, but no elaboration or spoilers beyond that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) mission 5 can have a very abrupt ending which can send a quest for stars into a tailspin. Did not like this mission one bit.

2) airships can be used in specific missions later in the campaign. The Fenris book thoroughly explains parameters for each mission in their setup.

3) we used them, they are just fine with the Fenris campaign.

4) I believe everyone has the ability to switch by the midpoint. Two other players may also be switched at specific moments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preet Tohvi
msg tools
Thank you! That was exactly the info I was looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll keep my answers brief and spoiler-free, per your request!

1. I heard that some games in the campaign have the potential to be shorter than a typical regular Scythe game. Which games, specifically? Are any games longer than usual?

--One of the episode 2s, 4, 5, and 7 can run shorter than usual. Make sure to look at the FAQ on our website before playing episode 5 in particular.

2. Apparently, it's recommended that airships only be used in one specific game (or maybe more than one?). Is this clear from the Fenris rulebook? If not - which game(s) is suitable for airships?

--That's actually not quite accurate. There are several episodes where airships can be used, and it's made very clear in the episode setup instructions.

3. Can the (player-created) Scythe: Encounters deck be used with Fenris, or could that create conflicts between those (more varied than standard Encounters) cards and the goals in Fenris?

--You may have been thinking of this for your previous question. I recommend only using the new encounters in episode 6.

4. Will every player have the opportunity to switch to another faction during the campaign, or just some players?

--Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil, did you read the FAQ before episode 5? I don't care either way, but I think it's important for you to note that for Preet.

https://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/faq-scythe/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure to check the FAQ before episode 5 because there is a critical update that makes episode 5 better.

Edit: ninja’d by Jamey and I want clarify that episode 5 was great but it should be even more interesting with that FAQ update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Preet Tohvi
msg tools
Thank you, Jamey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Helmer
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jameystegmaier wrote:
Neil, did you read the FAQ before episode 5? I don't care either way, but I think it's important for you to note that for Preet.

https://stonemaiergames.com/games/scythe/faq-scythe/
No, we didn’t know . Thanks for the update, we fully intend on playing the campaign again, as we LOVED it as a whole!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls