Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave boulton
United Kingdom
etchingham
E. Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
does everyone get to roll or is only 1 roll made for the whole combat?

for instance, 2 zombies gang up on a hapless rogue who is sneaking about investigating houses in a deserted village, do both zombies get a roll (at modified +1 because of the rogue's combat score) or is only one roll made at +1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
WalkerRedEye wrote:
does everyone get to roll or is only 1 roll made for the whole combat?

for instance, 2 zombies gang up on a hapless rogue who is sneaking about investigating houses in a deserted village, do both zombies get a roll (at modified +1 because of the rogue's combat score) or is only one roll made at +1

In your situation,

Skeleton A attacks with a +2 bonus for having an ally. Then Skeleton B attacks with a +2 bonus for having an ally, so long as your Rogue didn't kill Skeleton A in the first attack.

Or if the Rogue attacks first, the Rogue rolls 1 D20+1, vs the Skeleton A's D20+ (fight score)+2 for having an ally.

The bonus is evaluated at the time of the roll.

Does that make sense?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Lorenthia is gone, The Shadow Deep has swallowed it whole.
badge
Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space. Space monkey! Ready to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah Luke it does but I'm not clear on OP's question. Do you mean in a single combat action or within creature activation phase? When skellie A initiates attack do both figure's roll? or do both figures roll, but each in their own figure activation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
ogoctopus wrote:
Yeah Luke it does but I'm not clear on OP's question. Do you mean in a single combat action or within creature activation phase? When skellie A initiates attack do both figure's roll? or do both figures roll, but each in their own figure activation?
Forgive me if I oversimplify this too much.

Each attack generates two rolls.

Let's assume the Rogue goes first.

Rogue moves into combat with Skeleton A, who we will say is by itself.

Rogue and Skeleton both roll and add their Fight score.

Then in the creature phase Skeleton A attacks the Rogue and they both roll and add their Fight score again.

Then Skeleton B moves into combat with the Rogue. Skeleton B rolls a d20+F and then gets a +2 bonus because it has an ally in melee with its target and that ally is not in melee with a different enemy.

In this case, both Skeleton B and the Rogue roll dice, and Skeleton B gets that +2 bonus.

Now, let's say that somehow, they all survive these combats.

Let's say the Rogue gets to go in the first phase again. When the Rogue attacks either Skeleton A or B, that skeleton will get a +2 bonus to its roll.

If it gets to the creature phase, each skeleton will attack again with a +2 bonus.

It's a bad situation for the Rogue.

Does that help or have I completely missed the point?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Burnsville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Lorenthia is gone, The Shadow Deep has swallowed it whole.
badge
Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space. Space monkey! Ready to sacrifice himself for the greater good. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just a little sure what OP was asking. I interpreted it as him asking does everyone in the combat role a die for each time an attack action is used.

That example should clear up anything open to misinterpretation. Thanks for writing that up.

It's possible I've stuck my head in here and just made matters more complicated...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls