Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Saltzman
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m new to X-Wing, and just bought a millennium falcon and have yet to use it. I see that it only has one defense die so what’s to stop someone from flying at range one or less so that it has no defense at all? my next question would be what kind of upgrades can I do that would add one more defense die to it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Range one does not remove a green die from the defender, it grants an extra red die to the attacker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Hoiland
United States
Sidney
Montana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Equipping the Millennium Falcon title gives you the evade action. By evading, you basically guarantees that your one evade die will give you an evasion result.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When you look at the entire meta, there's a lot of strategies that you can employ to buff up the defense of Falcon. C-3PO is a popular crew mate to bring along. R2-D2 is another. Me personally, I like to out maneuver my opponent more so than relying on crewmates. Doesn't work so well against TIE Swarms, but 3 or 4 ships and asteroids, it's really fun to out guess your opponent, fly outside their firing arcs, but still be able to strike at them with your 360 degree firing arc.

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Staying at range 1 of a big ship round after round is also difficult, especially when (as the Falcon often does, with Han at the wheel) it moves AFTER most other ships, meaning it often has a chance to get away from anyone who's closed in before they fire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Saltzman
United States
Fullerton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drathbun wrote:
Range one does not remove a green die from the defender, it grants an extra red die to the attacker.
Thanks. I guess I got mixed up on the rules. Range 3 is what I was thinking but that’s a bonus to defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Rathbun
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
red913 wrote:
drathbun wrote:
Thanks. I guess I got mixed up on the rules. Range 3 is what I was thinking but that’s a bonus to defense.
It's an easy mistake! I made it lots when I was learning.

Range 1 = +1 Red Die
Range 2 = no modification
Range 3 = +1 Green Die

Some range templates have that printed on them as a reminder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My first question would be: are you still playing the first edition of X-Wing or have you switched to second editon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls