16 Posts

Warfighter: The WWII Tactical Combat Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: Tank Combat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Brodka
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
With the upcoming vehicle packs, one wonders if there will be rules regarding tank-only battles.

Perhaps we will see future tank-assigned soldier cards as well.

These soldiers could generate action cards and provide buffs to the assigned tank. Don't get me started on tank soldier skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Funnily enough, that almost happened.

I wanted to make a 4x6 card where you would place a "Driver" "Gunner" "Loader" and "Commander" counter for 4 different Soldiers. They would each have a few Actions they could perform per turn for differing results.

Such as for the Driver, her could perform essentially a Easy, Medium, or Difficult maneuver. He rolls, and gains different bonuses/negatives from succeeding/how badly did he fail the maneuver, similar to Corsair's Dogfighting system.

The idea was scrapped because of time, however I'm hoping to put that system together in the future for WF Modules or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David in Sydney (now in Coffs)
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any interest in Diesel-Punk Power Assisted Exo-suits that armour, weapon and gear can be added?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be cool! We have 4 eras presently in WF, but having a Steam Punk era would be really cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinVerssen wrote:
That would be cool! We have 4 eras presently in WF, but having a Steam Punk era would be really cool!
Apart from art work..

I'm half way there for Diesel Punk, just need a bit more play testing and then to think about some Pulp fiction components.

Steam Punk wouldn't be too hard to do (after all the weapons/armour/gear are just simpler and more bulky when you come down to it).

Decision for hostiles...
Apart from straight forward similar tech, how about weird wars type hostiles.. eg cyborg hounds and similar?

ps.
Augmented infantry - the Player Soldiers LO will matter, as the Frame (Light(x2LO), Medium(x3LO), Heavy (x4LO)) only enhances the PS natural ability.
I'm still thinking about soldiers cover rating and suit armour interaction.

more anon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Prill
Germany
flag msg tools
KevinVerssen wrote:
Funnily enough, that almost happened.

I wanted to make a 4x6 card where you would place a "Driver" "Gunner" "Loader" and "Commander" counter for 4 different Soldiers. They would each have a few Actions they could perform per turn for differing results.

Such as for the Driver, her could perform essentially a Easy, Medium, or Difficult maneuver. He rolls, and gains different bonuses/negatives from succeeding/how badly did he fail the maneuver, similar to Corsair's Dogfighting system.

The idea was scrapped because of time, however I'm hoping to put that system together in the future for WF Modules or something.
That sounds fantastic. I would love to get more vehicle combat into my warfighter (WW2) games. If there will ever be a vehicle expansion - I'm definitely in!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The soon to be delivered WWII Wave 2 has vehicles!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Chee
Australia
flag msg tools
publisher
"The destiny of nations is shaped by the plangent vicissitude of destroying enemy flattops, interdicting their convoys, and severing their reinforcements and supply lines. And, if you make ace along the way... well, that's just gravy."
badge
"The destiny of nations is shaped by the plangent vicissitude of destroying enemy flattops, interdicting their convoys, and severing their reinforcements and supply lines. And, if you make ace along the way... well, that's just gravy."
mbmbmbmbmb
Rizzor wrote:
That sounds fantastic. I would love to get more vehicle combat into my warfighter (WW2) games. If there will ever be a vehicle expansion - I'm definitely in!!!
The upcoming Warfighter Pacific will have four Vehicle expansion sets (WW2 Expansions #36-39), each comprising 112 cards.

The gameplay treats friendly Vehicle cards as Squad Vehicles that you can purchase and add to your team, and Anti-Vehicle cards, which are the enemy's anti-vehicle capability, are Hostiles. Some Vehicles will also have a Noise rating, which will attract unwanted attention, and there will be a few Vehicle Hazards like anti-tank mines, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I also put up a Promo for Vehicles in general showing how they act the same as Squad Soldiers, but... you know... have a Cannon on them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinVerssen wrote:
I also put up a Promo for Vehicles in general showing how they act the same as Squad Soldiers, but... you know... have a Cannon on them
Along with a slightly higher DC number........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Only slightly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rafa mendoza
Spain
flag msg tools
One question about tank combat. If my canon have a range 1-2. How can destroy one enemy tank at 0.Hostiles tanks has a range 0-2.¿?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Back up.........quickly!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Coffs Harbour
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Driver Reverse!"
"Loader AP"
"Gunner Target Tank"
"ON!"
"SHOOT!!!!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Adams
United States
Norridge
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can only imagine how many times and in how many tanks that exact sequence took place.......
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Verssen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Playable Vehicles are new to the WF series, and in doing a lot of research, I found that Cannon combat and MG combat were very different in the strategies Tank Commanders had to come up with.

Also... I played a lot of Halo growing up, and my favorite vehicle was the Scorpion Tank, where the main cannon was real powerful at medium to long range, and the MG was great when the Covenant ground troops got close.

I'm not saying I was listening to the Halo soundtrack while making these cards... I'm also not saying I wasn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls