3 Posts

Sword & Sorcery: Ancient Chronicles» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: How many waves and delay history... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rodrigo Bicalho
msg tools
Hi Everyone,

Im still considering entering in the late pledge.

Few questions:

1) Is the game going to be shipped in a unique wave or is is like the last game with two waves?

2) For those who participated in the last KS, was the game delivered on time or suffered significant delays?

Im asking because im from Brazil. And customs would charge around USD270 in tariffs at delivery date.

So, I was planning to buy the game to deliver overseas ( where my brother lives), since im planning to visit him early 2020.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skaak
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far as I know, everything is arriving in a single batch. They weren't planning on two waves for the previous Kickstarter, and ate the shipping fees that were a result of splitting it into two waves so it's in Ares' best interest to get everything delivered with a single shipment.

That said, I haven't heard any official news one way or the other, so you should probably contact Ares directly to see if they can give you a solid answer:

https://www.aresgames.eu/contact-us
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff C
msg tools
I like Ares products but quite frankly I have never seen a delivery estimate by them that they have met, and whenever they mention delays it seems to me they always try to present the best possible outcome as their new estimate so that new estimate invariably fails to be met.

Going buy the original Kickstarter page, it initially had an estimated delivery date of Oct 2016. On may May 23 2017 it was announced that shipping had started (for wave 1). On July 3 2017 it was announced that shipping was completed (for wave 1). On Nov 28 2017 it was announced that wave 2 was shipping to customers and on Jan 4 2018 it was announced that shipping was close to completion but many where still waiting for them.

If I recall correctly, they had added extra time to the initial estimated delivery to try to make the delivery on time. As you can see that did not work out. The delay for wave 2 was due to game development issues which I assume will not happen with Ancient Chronicles but even then you could be easily be looking at a delay of 6 months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls