Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wanted to add these to the list of things that need to be fixed in the next printing as I haven't seen them mentioned anywhere else.

The exit Open Window on the back of card number 33 gives me the option to escape using 1 key and 3 Magic or 1 key and 3 Magic...

The flip for special text ability of the Dragon Whelps refers to your "hand" instead of I'm assuming your "fan."

I've had to take a sharpie to the cards to fix all the errors already pointed out by others and the FAQ. I feel like the iconography on the cards was almost randomly chosen rather than given ample mechanical or thematic consideration. The game is nice and the ideas are interesting, but it was also clearly rushed through testing and production to be marketed asap. This is really disappointing. Please take more time to ensure the second printing is solid. I will happily purchase another copy when the 2nd edition is released, but if it is plagued with errors and inconsistencies like the first edition I will not be investing in any future expansions.

Thanks

ATR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Carrier
Canada
flag msg tools
The first one isnt an error. There is a more difficult mode where exits require a key and both sets of optional symbols. So you would need 6 magic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
z3m0g wrote:
The first one isnt an error. There is a more difficult mode where exits require a key and both sets of optional symbols. So you would need 6 magic.
Nah, I might buy that if there weren't so many other errors. It's ridiculous to make a card worded so bizarrely for the benefit of a variant rule. It's not outside the realm of possibility, but with so many other errors it's highly unlikely. One of the copies of Mage Blood is missing the damage icon and the designer has suggested that it be considered a boon for having a first edition copy of the game. It's poor quality control plain and simple I'm sorry to say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glenn3e glenn3e
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KnagrocK wrote:
z3m0g wrote:
Nah, I might buy that if there weren't so many other errors. It's ridiculous to make a card worded so bizarrely for the benefit of a variant rule. It's not outside the realm of possibility, but with so many other errors it's highly unlikely. One of the copies of Mage Blood is missing the damage icon and the designer has suggested that it be considered a boon for having a first edition copy of the game. It's poor quality control plain and simple I'm sorry to say.

It isn't an error, the designer has stated it was for harder mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glenn3e wrote:
KnagrocK wrote:
z3m0g wrote:

Could you please provide a link to where the designer, Ken Shannon, confirms this. Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bwian, just
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KnagrocK wrote:
glenn3e wrote:
KnagrocK wrote:
z3m0g wrote:

Could you please provide a link to where the designer, Ken Shannon, confirms this. Thanks

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/30163884#30163884

Technically, he’s talking about the Front Door exit. But it is organized the same way as the Open Window, just with swords instead of magic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Reynolds
United States
Greenwood
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thank you for the link. So, it's either a retro-fix or simply a poor design choice imho. It doesn't make sense to me to word things confusingly for your game design just to accommodate a variant rule. I would also imagine that it would be considerably more difficult to get the double requirement of the same icon than 3 each of two different icons for the exit effect when using the variant rule, but I would need to play test the game more to confirm this.

Thanks again

ATR

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls