Popular Tags: [View All]
Conor Mullin

Belfast
N.Ireland
msg tools
badge
I'm Agricultured!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, my Kickstarter order just arrived and I'm reading through the rules trying to get up to speed for some upcoming plays. It seems like almost everything is accounted for, but I can't seem to find a definite answer for what happens when the Nightshade's Replication Drive is used to "replicate" the ability of a player playing the Void Wasp.

Unlike the other abilities I've seen, the Void Wasp's RK-5 Blaster ability isn't the traditional 'perform an action and exhaust the ability' power - it provides a continuous unique outfit that can't be traded or removed.
Does the Nightshade acquire a phantom copy of the RK-5 Blaster? or can the ability not be replicated, seeing as it's continuous and not an activated ability?

Slightly related, but I assume that if replicating the Skimmer's Recall ability, the player using the Nightshade should use a miscellaneous token in place of the actual Recall token.

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm actually still waiting on a copy of my Missions & Powers deck (seems there was a mix-up during fulfilment) so I may have additional questions when I get my hands on the new ship powers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally I'd say if you can make it work to get yourself a phantom copy of the RK-5 Blaster, go for it. Only makes the game more fun to play it that way, as far as I can see.

Yes, I'd say if replicating the Skimmer's Recall ability, just fine some other token in place of the actual Recall token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
P&P RPG>Tabletop>Sports>VideoGames
badge
I love all kinds of games and competitions.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Does the Nightshade acquire a phantom copy of the RK-5 Blaster? or can the ability not be replicated, seeing as it's continuous and not an activated ability?
This certainly isn't unbalanced, so that's how I will be playing it if it comes up.

Quote:
Slightly related, but I assume that if replicating the Skimmer's Recall ability, the player using the Nightshade should use a miscellaneous token in place of the actual Recall token.
Yep, just use something convenient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Calinor wrote:
Quote:
This certainly isn't unbalanced, so that's how I will be playing it if it comes up.

Quote:
Yep, just use something convenient.
It makes sense to be able to replicate any ability, including the blaster.

Can use one of the blank markers, I believe there is a two space blank marker (assuming people don't throw out the blanks), I kept everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls