Hide
6 Posts

San Juan (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: San Juan Second edtion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronen Yitzhak
msg tools
I have San Juan Second Edition and in the booklet it write in the booklet that there are 33 expansion cards with a purple frame, but I find only 29 such cards. All of the cards are made up of 3 cards each, while the Residence series consists of only two cards. Should it be so?

That is, 4 expansion cards are missing.

On the other hand, it is noted in the booklet that there are 110 ordinary cards, but there are actually 114 cards, as if the four cards missing in the expansion cards are among the ordinary cards, but it is strange that none of them is marked in a purple frame to indicate that this is the expansion.

Where's the mistake?

Thanks,

Ronen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Baird
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The expansion includes a set of four production buildings. They are identical to the base game ones (no violet border), so they account for both your missing four expansion cards and your extra four regular cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronen Yitzhak
msg tools
mrbaird wrote:
The expansion includes a set of four production buildings. They are identical to the base game ones (no violet border), so they account for both your missing four expansion cards and your extra four regular cards.

Thank you

The booklet states that all 33 expansion cards are with a purple frame. It's a mistake? What cards of production building are in the expansion?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Baird
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the production buildings included are indigo, tobacco, coffee, and silver. No extra sugar. And yes, it should only state that the 29 city buildings of the expansion have purple borders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronen Yitzhak
msg tools
It seems it's a mistake that there are 33 expansion cards. I checked in the manual what are the expansion cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you decide to play without the expansion, then you would remove the 29 city buildings plus the 4 production buildings Justin stated above. So technically, 33 is indeed the correct number, though 4 of them don’t have a purple border. If you always play with the expansion, which I would recommend anyway, then there is no need to worry about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls