7 Posts

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: City Fall» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: With special thanks . . . rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Here's to the bitter OBs who trolled by locking down the Eastman pledges and then released them in the last seconds. Didn't affect funding of the SGs at all, but it did manage to keep those pledges from backers who had been wanting them. Of course, the only thing that matters is you, and you got your last laugh on them. So here's to you: a very special kind of person!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, a very dick move

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Krigbaum
United States
JBER
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have any evidence it was a troll and not people who changed their minds? It was limited to 50 I thought? Looks like only two went unclaimed. Granted I'm sure there are people who would have liked to have the chance at them, just not sure why you think it was nefarious?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Because it literally happened within the last 10 seconds of the campaign. That's not someone changing their mind; that's trolling. And yes, they were limited. That's actually more evidence, because those tiers were snatched up very quickly, meaning these people were there from the very beginning and held onto them the entire time.

If it was someone who changed their mind, they had weeks to drop the pledge, but they didn't. If it was someone trying to inflate the totals for SG purposes, they still had more than an hour after hitting the last goal and more than 10 minutes past $800K when it became clear that there would be no other SG. Such a person would have been doing this out of a misguided sense of altruism and, thus, would not have prevented the pledge from being available to someone who actually wanted it.

There is absolutely zero doubt in my mind that this was done by trolls, and most likely bitter original backers who felt cheated and wanted to stick it to IDW, but only ended up hurting other backers instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
So... have you tried to reach out to the KS and ask, since those got cancelled, if you can "late pledge" to take their spot?

Maybe they're happy to add a fan to the list in place of the two (out of fifty) cancelled pledges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Miller
msg tools
mb
Hopefully they will be. It didn't affect me directly, as I was not looking to get one. But some people at the end were upset that they didn't get the chance to grab them. (I think it wasn't so much the not getting them as it was how it happened.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian the Inexorable
United States
Fulshear
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ErsatzDragon wrote:
So... have you tried to reach out to the KS and ask, since those got cancelled, if you can "late pledge" to take their spot?

Maybe they're happy to add a fan to the list in place of the two (out of fifty) cancelled pledges.
Likely, the first two to get into the pledge manager to upgrade their pledge will get it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls