Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: Place to donate/collect new Patience games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Perhaps I've strayed a bit too far from the Solo forum, but, I am new here so I don't know. Patience doesn't seem to be too marketable a game these days, so I figured maybe we could compile our own collection? There are hundreds of versions out there, but I just unintentionally invented a new one (I was originally just going to use the cards for dummies, but they kinda took over. Still want a better way of scoring for it, though...) Is there enough interest for this to become a thing we can post somewhere? A recurring thread? Just seemed like a decent idea. While I'm being the new guy who suggests everything, how about a collection of the 9-card contest games. That's the coolest contest I've ever seen. And, for one last question, since I can't seem to find the info-- is the 9-Card Nano contest over for this year? Thanks to all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corsaire
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Patience' is the card game(s) commonly referred to as 'Solitaire', however, 'Solitaire' is the title of a classic/traditional board game. The terms are usually confused. ('Solitaire's actually a pretty darn good game, btw, if you like going solo every now and then. Would highly recommend it, should be easy to find it cheap. You don't know true solo AI until you've played this game.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corsaire
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks, wasn't familiar with that alternate name for solitaire card games. I've played dozens of varieties. The only one I'll still play is the two deck game called spider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Prakljacic
Montenegro
flag msg tools
Marturion wrote:
Perhaps I've strayed a bit too far from the Solo forum, but, I am new here so I don't know. Patience doesn't seem to be too marketable a game these days, so I figured maybe we could compile our own collection? There are hundreds of versions out there, but I just unintentionally invented a new one (I was originally just going to use the cards for dummies, but they kinda took over. Still want a better way of scoring for it, though...) Is there enough interest for this to become a thing we can post somewhere? A recurring thread? Just seemed like a decent idea. While I'm being the new guy who suggests everything, how about a collection of the 9-card contest games. That's the coolest contest I've ever seen. And, for one last question, since I can't seem to find the info-- is the 9-Card Nano contest over for this year? Thanks to all!
9 card nano-game contest is still ongoing this year. You have time until third March to apply.

Here is the main page: 9 card game PnP contest
GL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls