Mike White
United Kingdom
stockport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I have the base GC1 and a couple of expansions. I'd got it cheap and had heard that with a bit of research and nailing down the ruleset it was good fun. I also thought it may be a good sandbox to play with my son.

I'd read the rules, including the fan made ruleset some time ago. My lad was a bit young at the time, but I'm looking to get it out again now. In the meantime GC2 has been released and I hear has some compatibility with the original game.

So that has me wondering if the revised ruleset, if available, ignoring rules related to new additions would be a better written ruleset. Or just stick to the original and trawl the bgg forums to try and cover rule ambiguities?

Appreciate the thoughts of anyone that has played and enjoys GC1 and has now moved on to GC2.

Many thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Silbernagel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I prefer the 1vs many format of the first game. The rules for playing cards and rolling dice, challenges etc are the same in the new game. I just don’t enjoy the team vs team as much. They both fun games however, and all the heroes can be swapped around. Villains can also be used as lieutenant across both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls