Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Folksman
United Kingdom
liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
Keep Crom and crush you enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can (on the same AR) the Germans SR a GEc to Constantinople and SR a GEc into the near east map, because technically Constantinople is not on both maps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Constantinople space technically is on the Near East map - even it is also portrayed on the main map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Folksman
United Kingdom
liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
Keep Crom and crush you enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their women.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems like its more on the main board to me. Its greyed out in the NE

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John D'Angelo
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Depends on what edition you have. The first one had Constantinople on the main map, but it was switched to the Near East in the 3rd or 4th editions. I don’t own the newest edition so I don’t know if it’s been switched again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Gregorio
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmb
What Stephen said, Constantinople is on the NE.

This is referenced in 9.2.7:
"...Constantinople and Bursa, which are on the Near East map, but for reference are also depicted on the main map."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Folksman
United Kingdom
liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
gregorit wrote:
What Stephen said, Constantinople is on the NE.

This is referenced in 9.2.7:
"...Constantinople and Bursa, which are on the Near East map, but for reference are also depicted on the main map."

Thanks, in extension to this, why is there only an allied port in Constantinople? Surely the turks could use a port in their own capital city?

Seems daft the Turkish are isolated unless you march through Serbia and rely on getting Bulgaria into the war (completely random draw that could ruin the game)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denis Cobrousev
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyF wrote:
why is there only an allied port in Constantinople? Surely the turks could use a port in their own capital city?
Because AP fleet dominates around it and the turks can't sail anywhere from it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Folksman
United Kingdom
liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Denis Cobrousev wrote:
DaveyF wrote:
why is there only an allied port in Constantinople? Surely the turks could use a port in their own capital city?
Because AP fleet dominates around it and the turks can't sail anywhere from it.
Ah ok, Gotcha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyF wrote:

Seems daft the Turkish are isolated unless you march through Serbia and rely on getting Bulgaria into the war (completely random draw that could ruin the game)
When you have got more experience with the game, you will find that the Turks usually can hold long enough on themselves even if Bulgaria will enter late.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Folksman
United Kingdom
liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have found this actually. The Yuddenitch army risks supply issues if it advances too far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Valkyser
Germany
Wesseling
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyF wrote:
I have found this actually. The Yuddenitch army risks supply issues if it advances too far.
It also loses most of its threat potential once it has been flipped (remember the first loss rule!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Folksman
United Kingdom
liverpool
Merseyside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephan Valkyser wrote:
DaveyF wrote:
It also loses most of its threat potential once it has been flipped (remember the first loss rule!).
Of course i made a stupid mistake and ended up eliminating half of Turkey oos >-<!

3 turns after Turkish entry still no Bulgarias either.

Im going for a big push in Italy to counter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls