Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Mastalir
Czech Republic
Olomouc
flag msg tools
mb
Hello again,

I have some more questions, if I may.

1. What use do the secret tokens have in Deathmatch? They contain coins (which you don't use in deathmatch, right?), they have A,B,C mission specific purpose (which I can't find in the deathmatch rules), and they have the bug traps (and since the bugs don't have action phase in deathmatch, how should they behave?).

2. How do you reveal a secret token? Simply stepping on the same tile, or do you have to spend some AP?

3. How do you use ladders/doors that lead to "nowhere"? Meaning, I have a tile with ladder and floor beneath it, but above the ladder, there is no floor. Can I use the ladder? Can I stand at the top of the ladder?

4.Also if I have a tile, where the ladder has a floor at the top, but no floor at the bottom, can I jump on the ladder, grab it to move for another AP up? And when I climb the ladder down, I would fall then, right?

5. And the same with a door, there is a tile, where the door are at the bottom tile with no floor beneath. So if I don't put a floor beneath them, can I use them? If I get out of that door, I would fall, but can I get IN?

6. In deathmatch, what use does the turn card have? Why is there a turn that says "score"?

Thanks again for any clarification.

emreis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico VDW
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) Not sure what the coin tokens do, but the bugs are traps.

If you reveal a bug, you are pushed back one square to your original position. The bugs occupy one space. They do not attack, but can be killed with one successful hit.

The A/B/C tokens are not used in the Deathmatch mode.

(2) You reveal a secret token when moving into it, similar to the POW tokens.

(3) Not sure, but I think if there is no platform, you cannot use the ladder.

(4) Yes, you can jump to grab the ladder and climb it. It takes 2 actions to jump and 1 more to climb the ladder.

(5) If the is no floor beneath a door, you can still use that door. But if you come out that door, you will fall down until you reach a platform (taking damage if you pass 2 or more squares). To enter the door, if you can reach it with a jump action, you can use it. (again, 2 actions to jump, 1 to use the door)

(6) The turn card in Deathmatch mode keeps track of 2 things:

(a) Refresh all used POW tokens. When a player enters a POW token, it is turned off and it does not turn on an inactive POW token, this happens when you enter that phase of the Deathmatch. (Similar to ammo/powerup tokens in videogames like Quake, DOOM, ...)

(b) In the score phase, you check for victory conditions. If they are not met, continue to the next round. For example, if a players captures enough flags in round 5, you still need to play 3 extra rounds. The other player can still capture a flag to even the score.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Mastalir
Czech Republic
Olomouc
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you for clarification.

It makes sense, and it seems, the rules can be bent to the taste of the players. Still thinking about the number 3 to make it work...somehow

Now I feel confident enough to bring the game to my group.

Emreis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls