7 Posts

Sword & Sorcery» Forums » General

Subject: Soulgems rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gustav Snyman
South Africa
flag msg tools
Dont want to be too anal but is it kind of normal that the Soul Gems dont align properly when attached?

I also had a couple of figurines with broken feet missing parts and bases that broke off from figurines. The really bended parts I fixed with water.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian T
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
That all looks and sounds totally abnormal. It would drive me nuts having to look at pieces that were as poorly cut as those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timo R
Germany
flag msg tools
Broken figures are a nogo, you should contact customer service and ask for replacements.

The misaligned soul gems walk the thin line between low quality and broken. Some of mine are a little off too, but it is barely noticeable. Yours are definitely worth complaining about, but I am not sure how they will react. Be sure to let us know!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Hauer
Germany
flag msg tools
Mine are also a bit misaligned, however not that bad.
some figurines are also quite bend. How exactly did you fix the bending?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Helmold wrote:

Mine were quite bent, and I fixed them by submerging one figure at a time into hot water, no longer than 5 seconds. Most of them emerged with their weapons in the desired shape. Others, I could bend easily as I wanted to.

I followed that up by placing them into a bowl of ice cold water for approximately one minute.

I've used the same technique for multiple other board games and think the effect was one of the best in S&S. None of the figures have returned to their bent shapes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustav Snyman
South Africa
flag msg tools
Seems they are going to send me replacements for everything. Broken figurines and the discs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Beal
Germany
Geltendorf
Bayern
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Helmold wrote:

Aside from what Michael already said: Google for "fix bent minis with hot water" and you'll find lots of tutorials. It's really easy to do and works well. i had to unbend more than 20 of my S&S minis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls