Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith R
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried to research for a while before posting this, but I didn't find a really detailed thread. Sorry if I just missed it.

But, my question is what are some of the favorite sites or sellers for card sleeves.

So far I have checked most of the usual places - cool stuff, miniature market etc. But I'm wondering if I'm missing some lessor known ones.

Amazon also didn't seem to be a great place, prices all over the board etc. Some times I found comparable prices but usually they seemed to be higher in price and surprisingly limited in selection.

Plus shipping for many of these places starts to kill the deal for many of these places. Example I found a site where it was going to cost $8.99 in shipping for $11 of sleeves

FLGS seem like the best place since it takes the shipping out of the equation but my closest one is a bit of a drive for me.
Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I buy mostly on Amazon.com.

I'm about 2 hours from the nearest game store, so when I do go buy, I buy a few extras for stock. Finally, I really like Sleeve Kings sleeves. They're fulfilling their KS now, but their webstore should be active within the next couple of months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've responded many times to these threads. Use google not bgg's search engine.

You don't say what sleeves you want so an answer is hard.

Regular sized sleeves wait for an ebay coupon and buy ultrapros in bulk.

MM puts their gameplus line on sale several times a year it seems.

Mayday has sales which can be okay.

Boardgamebliss had competitive prices on an odd size for me that they reordered when I asked and added onto a large order.

Not amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
toeknee n
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krubby wrote:
I tried to research for a while before posting this, bit I didn't find a really detailed thread. Sorry if I just missed it.

But, my question is what are some of the favorite sites or sellers fur card sleeves.

So far I have checked dinner of the usual places - cool stuff, miniature market etc. But I'm whetting if I'm missing some lessor known ones.

Amazon also didn't seem to be a great place, prices all over the board etc.

Plus shipping for many of these places starts to kill the deal for many of these places. Example I found a site where it was going to cost $8.99 in shipping for $11 of sleeves

FLGS seem like the best place since it takes the shipping out of the equation but my closest one is a bit of a drive for me.
Thoughts?
Best way to buy sleeves is in bulk. I've had great success with the following sleeves and prices (in no particular order):

https://www.potomacdist.com/default.asp
http://www.cheapmagicsleeves.com/
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nskngames/paladin-card-... (they also have an online store but their Kickstarters have better pricing and free shipping)
https://www.swanpanasiasleeves.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith R
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I fixed some of the typos above, dumb phone...

Anyway, per the one question I should of clarified. For me - I am mostly looking for the normal standard card or in some cases the euro card or mini euro sizes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
xixstar .
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmb
Google didn’t really help much when I searched earlier this week because of many factors. I ended up buying from Paladin retail store ( shipping was higher than I wanted) because I figured I’d buy from the next Kickstarter (missed buying from it buy one day - ugh) and I will want some consistency . I got enough to get me through some upgaming demos with my games and will add more as opportunity allows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Emerson
United States
Holden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoctaWho wrote:
Hands down these folks are the best in my experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Fitzpatrick
United States
Clovis
California
flag msg tools
Live long...
badge
...and prosper.
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally really like Mayday Premium Sleeves. They’re cheap, I find them to be of decent quality (although that may be controversial here), and they have a great variety of sizes, so they’re my go to. Miniature Market doesn’t sell the premium versions of the sleeves, so I usually buy them from Cool Stuff Inc or directly from Mayday. I know that Top Shelf Gamer has them as well, so sometimes I’ll buy from them if I’m already buying something else there. Cool Stuff has great prices on the sleeves, so you don’t have to buy many packs of them to make it a much better deal than Amazon, even with the $5.99 shipping. Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Thomas
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ProRock wrote:
DoctaWho wrote:
Haven't ordered from them (yet) but in my research for sleeves for Gloomhaven, I have read good comments about this site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Keiser
United States
Waunakee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
George's Crab and Card Sleeve Emporium

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brooks
United States
Katy
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ProRock wrote:
DoctaWho wrote:
Yes, I use them when I can. But it only makes sense when ordering a lot imo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Best placew are any of the major online retailers when they have their sitewide sales, just stock up on a bunch. Mayday direct when they have their sales can't be beat. Otherwise sleeves are one of the ways I like to support my local store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith R
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blackshirt wrote:
Best placew are any of the major online retailers when they have their sitewide sales, just stock up on a bunch. Mayday direct when they have their sales can't be beat. Otherwise sleeves are one of the ways I like to support my local store.
So I have JUST stared trying to get around to sleeving my various games, which is primarily why I am asking in the first place about best places

So my point is I am far from an expert and this is a VERY limited sample. But so far I have purchased Mayday premium and regular cheapo sleeves and the fantasy flight ones.

I have found Mayday sleeves to work great so far. the cheap ones really were super thin but I wanted to get a set just to try. I am putting them on some cheaper games I wouldn't even usually bother sleeving anyway just to use them. The premium ones I got seem great so far

If I can get Mayday premium for cheaper than FF then I think I will be perfectly ok with them. I'll watch for that sale and maybe stock up then

even if I don't have all the games to use them now, getting a few large orders versus ordering 2-3 packets over and over when I need them seems to be the way to go perhaps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yeah Mayday Premium, the regular Mayday sleeves are awful. During their Black Friday sale the regular size Premium sleeves were only $1.46 for a pack of 50, which is less than half the price of Fantasy Flight's regular price for a similar size. I've read some posts about possible variation in sizing from one batch to the next but I haven't seen it yet. I'll use the Mayday Premium for card-heavy games like Netrunner or Arkham TCG, but will use Fantasy Flight for other games where I only need 2-3 packs to sleeve the entire game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dutch

South Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmb
blackshirt wrote:
Yeah Mayday Premium, the regular Mayday sleeves are awful. During their Black Friday sale the regular size Premium sleeves were only $1.46 for a pack of 50, which is less than half the price of Fantasy Flight's regular price for a similar size. I've read some posts about possible variation in sizing from one batch to the next but I haven't seen it yet. I'll use the Mayday Premium for card-heavy games like Netrunner or Arkham TCG, but will use Fantasy Flight for other games where I only need 2-3 packs to sleeve the entire game.
I've seen the issues first hand with Mayday Premium sleeves - with the Chimera size. Granted, I think it was an issue they had in the past. I believe they switched manufacturers a couple of years ago and it's been smooth sailing since.

For the OP, by the time you include shipping, sleeves are going to be about the same price as your local FLGS.

About the only good way to get a deal on sleeves is get in on a Paladin or Sleeve Kings Kickstarter. The reason the discount is so deep on these kickstarters is because they are pretty much guaranteed a profit with the volume of sleeves they're producing. Every pack they manufacture is accounted for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Moore
msg tools
badge
Curious.. why so much against ordering from Amazon? I like FFG sleeves and by a box at a time and the rate seems... reasonable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
wademoore wrote:
Curious.. why so much against ordering from Amazon? I like FFG sleeves and by a box at a time and the rate seems... reasonable?
Those are not at all reasonable

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday premiums on sale days are where it's at.

Sale coming up in about 3 months. Might as well stock up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith R
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waxbottle wrote:

Ya I think I'll keep eyes open.

Just to ask, this is a sales straight from their website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krubby wrote:
waxbottle wrote:

Ya I think I'll keep eyes open.

Just to ask, this is a sales straight from their website?
Yup. They've had a Mayday sale at the beginning of May before. I'm guessing they'll do it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls