Subject: Question about the 'Book of Stars' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dirk stouten
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

This exploration card mentions: 'You may discard this card after a hero's activation. If you do, choose 2 heroes to each ready 1 activation card.'

Can you use this card right after you picked it up, because at that moment, you end an activation? Or do you have to wait until the next activation?

When choosing 2 heroes, can you pick the hero that owns the card, or do it have to be other heroes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Gordy
United States
Eden Prairie
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can pick any hero, including yourself. I see no reason why you could not use it right away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Ouimet
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My problem with the wording on this card is that it's always "after a hero's activation"...It's always after a hero's activation (just like in Gremlins, it's always "after midnight"). I added the wording "immediately" as in "immediately after a hero's activation". Works better for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Laredo
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeltaDemon wrote:
My problem with the wording on this card is that it's always "after a hero's activation"...It's always after a hero's activation (just like in Gremlins, it's always "after midnight"). I added the wording "immediately" as in "immediately after a hero's activation". Works better for me.
FFG used to use the word "immediately," but they realized it was redundant since "after" in their games always means "immediately after." They had problems in X-Wing where some cards said "immediately after" and others just said "after," so people assumed "immediately after" took precedence in the timing window when the truth was that the designers considered those effects to have the same timing window.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls