878 Vikings: Invasions of England» Forums » Rules

Subject: Set-up Question - Basic Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Barker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Bullet 9 of the Viking Invasion Set-Up shows the 'A' Leader card (Halfdan) with the Norseman faction going first at the start of the game.

In 2.0 Viking Reinforcements it states that no leader card is drawn on the first Round because the "A" Leader card is always placed during setup.

But it then says in the Example that "Bjorn Ironside is always the first invading Leader".

As he is a "B" Leader, surely he can only invade on the second Round and then only if his card is the one of the shuffled "B"s to come up ?

Do I assume that the Example text is incorrect and should refer to Halfdan, or am I missing something.

Many thanks for assistance,

Mark Barker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Barker wrote:
Bullet 9 of the Viking Invasion Set-Up shows the 'A' Leader card (Halfdan) with the Norseman faction going first at the start of the game.

In 2.0 Viking Reinforcements it states that no leader card is drawn on the first Round because the "A" Leader card is always placed during setup.

But it then says in the Example that "Bjorn Ironside is always the first invading Leader".

As he is a "B" Leader, surely he can only invade on the second Round and then only if his card is the one of the shuffled "B"s to come up ?

Do I assume that the Example text is incorrect and should refer to Halfdan, or am I missing something.

Many thanks for assistance,

Mark Barker
Which example are you talking about?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Barker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Hi,

The example text (in Red) in Section 2.0 - Viking Reinforcements immediately underneath the rule text I quoted.

Thanks,

Mark Barker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McGeorge
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Barker wrote:
Hi,

The example text (in Red) in Section 2.0 - Viking Reinforcements immediately underneath the rule text I quoted.

Thanks,

Mark Barker
Academy Games has done a pretty good job keeping the rules updated with both revisions and errata. If in doubt, check the v44 rules that are in the Files section of the BGG entry for the game. In that version of the rule book, there is no example like the one you are referencing (as far as I can see, at least)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark Barker wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Mark Barker
There's no such red text in my copy of the rules in the box. It sounds as if you have an old version of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McGeorge
United States
Shawnee
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ericamick2 wrote:
Mark Barker wrote:
Hi,

Thanks,

Mark Barker
There's no such red text in my copy of the rules in the box. It sounds as if you have an old version of the rules.
I checked my physical rulebook as well and I do not have the text mentioned either.

My rulebook is marked as v41 on the back cover, lower-right corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Barker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the feedback everyone - my Rulebook is marked v47 - physical copy of the game bought from FLGS this month !

Looks like I should go with the set-up text and ignore the 'explanatory' example.

I'll check the files section.

Mark Barker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Barker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Whoops - v46 in fact, but still later than any posted version.

Request for clarification sent directly to Academy - I will post reply.

Thanks,

Mark Barker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Barker
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Reply from Academy:-

Thank you for contacting Academy Games, and for catching this!

Yes, Halfdan is the correct Leader to start with as per the setup for the game. I let the team know about the example text being incorrect in the section you describe.

Mark Barker

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls