Popular Tags: [View All]
Edoardo Daneo
Italy
TORINO
TORINO
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hello,

do courtiers in a room where there are NO Lords perform action H or G or they just do not perform any action?

Thank you if you could help.

Edoardo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias N
Germany
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope, they don't perform any action. A courtier may perform the alternate actions G or H instead of an action listed in its audience chamber (rulebook page 11). So the prerequisite is that the courtier is activated to perform G or H instead.

Additional to this you may perform these both actions, if you have less activated courtiers than the other players. In this case you can do G or H instead of skipping your turn, so that all players do have the same number of actions.

Edit: After some rethinking it's almost the same in practice that you can execute the alternate action G and H for your non-activated courtiers after you have performed all your activated courtiers,
but not exactly. Important restriction is that all players have the same number of actions at the end. So the player with the most activated courtiers can't perform an additional action with his non-activated courtiers. The best way to proceed is to always take a courtier from your supply to execute G or H,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edoardo Daneo
Italy
TORINO
TORINO
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thank you very much. I still don't understand the difference between a courtier who is not activated because the Lord is not present and one who is not activated because he was kicked out from the room bu other courtiers. The first has no right to perform g/h while the second will perform g/h.

Both are not activated....

Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias N
Germany
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your're welcome .

Well, let me try to expain it this way. Have a look at the rulebook page 9 'Activation details' last paragraph:
Quote:
The phase ends when all player figures have been activated and all players have had an equal number of turns.
So you can execute these alternate actions, if you have no courtier or lord to activate on your turn, while at least one other player still has an activated figure. This guarantees, that all players have the same number of actions in a turn.

I think, you're confused about that a kickout-courtier will do this alternate action. That is not the case. As mentioned above, take a figure from your supply to execute these both actions.

I hope that I could now explain it a little more clearly.

And also mentioned,
Quote:
a courtier and a lord may perform one of these actions instead of an action listed in its audience chamber. Taking a G or H action counts as a player's turn action and that courtier or lord is then moved behind its chair

(rulebook page 14).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mant
Greece
Piraeus, Athens
flag msg tools
Hi,

the following example may help you.
Let's say it's a 3-players game, and in the first round each player puts 2 courtiers and 1 lord in rooms (6 courtiers and 3 lords in total).
So:

- room 1 has 1 courtier from player A, 1 courtier from player B, and 2 lords
- room 2 has 1 courtier from player A, 1 courtier from player B, 1 courtier from player C and 1 lord
- room 3 has 1 courtier from player C and no lord

First thing you need to do, is remove from chair the courtier of player C, who is in room 3, because there is no lord there.
Now there are 5 courtiers sitting on chairs (2 from A, 2 from B and 1 from C),
which means that each of players A and B will have 2 table actions from their courtiers,
and player C will have 1 table action from his courtier.
So because player C has less courtiers on chairs,
he has the option to take action G or H during the second turn of the round,
so that every player performs 2 actions from their courtiers.
Here is an example of turns:

Player A -> action B
Player B -> action B
Player C -> action D
Player A -> action C
Player B -> action C
Player C -> action H

However, everyone performing one of the five first turns in this example, may take action G or H instead of those mentioned above.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud ROUTEL
France
ESBLY
flag msg tools
mb
I don't understand how this rule works.

Quote:
The phase ends when all player figures have been activated and all players have had an equal number of turns.
In the last example :
Quote:
Player A -> action B
Player B -> action B
Player C -> action D
Player A -> action C
Player B -> action C
Player C -> action H
If player A and player C have still a courtier to play but player B doesn't.
Do we play another round ?

It's the word "and" in that rule that question me...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Mant
Greece
Piraeus, Athens
flag msg tools
narnokatt wrote:
I don't understand how this rule works.

Quote:
In the last example :
Quote:
Player A -> action B
Player B -> action B
Player C -> action D
Player A -> action C
Player B -> action C
Player C -> action H
If player A and player C have still a courtier to play but player B doesn't.
Do we play another round ?

It's the word "and" in that rule that question me...
The quick answer to your question is 'Yes, we play another turn (not round)'.

Just think of the rule like
'all players courtiers (in rooms with lords) should take an action
AND
all players should take the same number of actions within a round'.

So if a player has one less courtier in rooms with lords,
this player takes an extra action G or H when it is his turn
in order to have the same number of actions as the other players at the end of the round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls