Santorini» Forums » General

Subject: Minis and colors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
quaoar 10
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
May I quickly ask for your help? I am currently painting my minis and was wondering what color distribution I need. I also have the Golden Fleece and therefore got

2 blue
2 brown
4 white
2 white/transparent ones

in the box. Since there is two god powers that require 4 respectively 3 minis of one color, I would have thought that 4+4+2 would be a good mix but that doesn't fit the distribution described above? But you never need 4 different colors, right? Have I overlooked something?

Thanks very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TPoG
Denmark
flag msg tools
ISBN: 1-85723-146-5
badge
Hmm...
mbmbmbmbmb
quaoar10 wrote:
May I quickly ask for your help? I am currently painting my minis and was wondering what color distribution I need. I also have the Golden Fleece and therefore got

2 blue
2 brown
4 white
2 white/transparent ones

in the box. Since there is two god powers that require 4 respectively 3 minis of one color, I would have thought that 4+4+2 would be a good mix but that doesn't fit the distribution described above? But you never need 4 different colors, right? Have I overlooked something?

Thanks very much!
Strange.
The base game comes with six figures in three colors: White, blue, brownish grey. One male and one female in each color. The Golden Fleece should add four figures in two colors: White and brownish grey. A male and a female in each color. Thus, the intended total distribution is: Four white (two males and two females), four brownish grey (two males and two females), two blue (one male and one female).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quaoar 10
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense, don't know why I got this strange mix. One more reason to paint the minis I guess.

Thanks for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quaoar 10
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed they also have slightly different heights and shape. Maybe due to the Roxley / Spinmaster switch? Anyways, here's my first attempt to paint minis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
quaoar10 wrote:
I noticed they also have slightly different heights and shape. Maybe due to the Roxley / Spinmaster switch? Anyways, here's my first attempt to paint minis

Nice job painting those.

As I noted in another thread a while back I had wildly different quality minis between the base set, the expansion, and the replacement minis I was sent to try and even it all out. Some of the white minis were solid white and some were kinda translucent. The level of detail varied too. Also the cards in my early Spinmaster copy was subpar and the set Roxley sent me for replacement was much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls