6 Posts

Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: Few questions regarding cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jolyon Cheung
msg tools
mb
Hi folks, love Agricola. A bit confused about some cards.

1. Lasso
"You can place exactly 2 people immediately after one another if at least one of the them uses the "Sheep Market", "Pig Market", or "Cattle Market" accumulation space.

My question is, a player placing 2 family members consecutively will change the turn order of this round. Is it meant to be so?

2. Mushroom Collector
"Immediately after each time you use a wood accumulation space, you can exchange 1 wood for 2 food. If you do, place the wood on the accumulation space."

Can I send a worker to a wood accumulation space (which contains, say, 4 wood), and don't pick up any wood, but exchanging 4 wood to 8 food? or I have to take at least 1 wood to use the card's effect?

3. Grocer
"Pile the following goods on this card (wood, grain, reed, stone, vegetable, clay, reed, vegetable). At any time, you can buy the top good for 1 food."

Can I buy all 8 goods with 8 food in one go? or I can only buy the topmost good with 1 food each round?

Thanks in advance!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
jolcheung2 wrote:

1. Lasso
"You can place exactly 2 people immediately after one another if at least one of the them uses the "Sheep Market", "Pig Market", or "Cattle Market" accumulation space.

My question is, a player placing 2 family members consecutively will change the turn order of this round. Is it meant to be so?
It's a one-off exception to the turn order. The other players' turn order is not affected

Quote:
2. Mushroom Collector
"Immediately after each time you use a wood accumulation space, you can exchange 1 wood for 2 food. If you do, place the wood on the accumulation space."

Can I send a worker to a wood accumulation space (which contains, say, 4 wood), and don't pick up any wood, but exchanging 4 wood to 8 food? or I have to take at least 1 wood to use the card's effect?
No. 1 Wood for 2 Food means exactly what it says: no more than 1 Wood for 2 Food

Quote:
3. Grocer
"Pile the following goods on this card (wood, grain, reed, stone, vegetable, clay, reed, vegetable). At any time, you can buy the top good for 1 food."

Can I buy all 8 goods with 8 food in one go? or I can only buy the topmost good with 1 food each round?
Yes you can. The key words are 'at any time'. I have seen this happen a few times and it can be devastatingly strong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Woll
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jolcheung2 wrote:

1. Lasso

2. Mushroom Collector

3. Grocer

Can I buy all 8 goods with 8 food in one go?

Thanks in advance!!
Hey!

Lasso: Not sure what you mean by "change turn order", but if you are 3rd, you can place "3rd and 4th" as long as one of those 2 actions is an animal accumulation space. Then if you have a 3rd person, it would place the next time it would be your turn. You are not skipped. (I.e. 8th in 4 player game)

Mushroom Collector: You may exchange EXACTLY 1 wood for 2 food. Reminder: only after you have taken a wood accumulation space. No more.

Grocer: You may buy the item "At any time", so all in one grab if you have 8 food is legal play.

Hope this helps!

Edit: ninja that's what I get for trying to use my phone to type all this..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Winkelhaus
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jolcheung2 wrote:

1. Lasso

I am not sure what you mean by turn order. If it is a players turn in a round and she has no family members left, she gets skipped. That can happen because of Lasso, but also because of different number of family members from family growth.

jolcheung2 wrote:

2. Mushroom Collector

You can use the card and exchange exactly 1 wood for 2 food or you can not use the card. You cannot use it multiple times.

jolcheung2 wrote:

3. Grocer

Thanks in advance!!
You can buy as many goods as you want and as you can pay with food. "At any time" means just that, else it would have said "Once per round" or something like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jolyon Cheung
msg tools
mb
ousgg wrote:
jolcheung2 wrote:

1. Lasso

It's a one-off exception to the turn order. The other players' turn order is not affected

Quote:
2. Mushroom Collector

No. 1 Wood for 2 Food means exactly what it says: no more than 1 Wood for 2 Food

Quote:
3. Grocer

Yes you can. The key words are 'at any time'. I have seen this happen a few times and it can be devastatingly strong.

Hey thanks for the quick reply.

Regarding the Lasso:

Say, I'm playing a 2p game, and both of us have 3 family members.

My opponent is the first player, he has his turn.

Then it's my turn, I use one of my member to take Sheep, then using the Lasso effect to do another action (say, plow one field).

Then it's his turn to place his second family member.

Does he then do another action immediately because he is the first player, and both of us only has one action left? (to keep in line with the original turn order)?

Or after my opponent place his second family member, it's my turn to play my final action?

It sounds weird both ways, since if I am the one to place the final worker first, this will change the turn order.

But if after he places his second family member, he then places his final one, he will have two consecutive turns too! That's why I'm a bit confused and think it's weird either way.

Not sure I'm articulating this clearly (English is my second language). But thanks again!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bateson
United Kingdom
Ross-on-Wye
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Oi! Hands off...
mbmbmbmbmb
Your opponent does not get two consecutive turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls