Hide
4 Posts

Shadowrun: Crossfire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dragon Fight - "One runner must clear that damage." rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T C
msg tools
I'm nowhere near ready to face the dragon, but I thought I'd read the mission card to see what it's all about.

On the mission card, when it discusses attacking the Covert Dragon, it says: "One runner must clear that damage." Does that mean that other runners are not able to contribute damage via assists? The Covert Dragon card itself just says, "All damage must be applied in a single turn." This suggests to me that it doesn't matter if the damage is coming from multiple runners; it just has to happen in one turn.

Back to the mission card. It then proceeds to discuss the Enraged Dragon, but that section doesn't include the phrase, "One runner must clear that damage." Presumably, this phrase then only applies to the Covert Dragon, not the Enraged Dragon.

My interpretation is that this phrase doesn't really mean anything, and you can ignore it. All damage must be applied in a single turn, but it can come from any source you want, including multiple runners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the phrasing from the rules card and the aspect card, while different, mean the same thing.

"All damage must be applied in a single turn" just means it's not treated as a normal obstacle, which receives consecutive levels of damage from turn to turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Zipprich
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When you're assisted on your turn, you are the one deciding how to assign damage, as if you had played the card. I don't believe fighting the dragon means you can't be assisted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
msg tools
stevozip wrote:
When you're assisted on your turn, you are the one deciding how to assign damage, as if you had played the card. I don't believe fighting the dragon means you can't be assisted.
Ah, thanks. I like your interpretation. We can think of it in terms of damage pools. Any number of runners and sources can contribute to the pool. But only one runner is deciding how that pool is spent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls