mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
A friend of mine is asking for recommendation for a board game with easy to learn rules but has a fantasy theme (or anime) for his 19 year old step son who has autism which cause him to lose attention/focus playing complex games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger
United States
Picayune
MS
flag msg tools
mb
Maybe Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game. It's not a typical deck building game. Simple mechanics.

I haven't been around autism, so I'm not sure what to recommend honestly. But I hope this helps.

Arcane Academy might be another potential one to look into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Smiffy
United Kingdom
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really easy to learn at first but worth a punt is Attack on Titan: Deck-Building Game . Great anime theme and logical card/deck play.
If that is off putting have a look at Samurai Spirit. Lovely artwork with a little mix of card number and symbol matching that may appeal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Maybe Clank!, though it really is going to depend on knowing more about this particular kid.

(I.e., does he lose attention waiting for his turn to come back around, and thus needs something with quick or simultaneous turn-taking? Is it a longer term thing, where he'l lose interest if the total game length is too long, and something with a 30 minute start to finish time would be helpful? Does having a tactile component help his focus, such that a game with minis makes sense?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
No One
United States
Burien
Washington
flag msg tools
mb

Shinobi WAT-AAH!

~V

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Grillest
msg tools
Sword Art Online is super simple to pick up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
killerjoe1962 wrote:
Hi,
A friend of mine is asking for recommendation for a board game with easy to learn rules but has a fantasy theme (or anime) for his 19 year old step son who has autism which cause him to lose attention/focus playing complex games.
My friend is going to try Talisman (4e).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls