Elisha
United States
Bala Cynwyd
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
The first three training scenarios introduced in the Playbook (30.1.2.1 - 30.1.2.3) on pp. 3-5 refer to the Invasion of Poland (31.1), Scandinavia 1940 (31.2), and France 1940 (31.3) setups outlined on pp. 9-12 (I'm looking now at the 2017 pdf of the Playbook, so while the page numbers might be off the corresponding introductions/setups are the same).

When you get to the introduction for what appears to be the last of the training scenarios, "Training Scenario Four," however, it speaks of a three-player "scenario [that] covers the same time period as the first three scenarios (i.e., the first year of the war), but as one whole game." There is no reference in the introduction to 31.3 Balkans 1941, 31.5 Mediterranean 1940-1942, 31.6 French North Africa 1942-1943, 31.7 France 1944, etc. Are none of these considered "learning scenarios"? Most of them are very short in length. The introductory outline seems to abruptly shift to a new scenario. Moreover, I didn't see a "setup" section for the "Four Training Scenario" among the three-player games (Is there one?).

Thanks for any help you can offer!

p.s. I am not looking at a hard copy of the Playbook that came with the latest version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The other 2-Faction scenarios (31.#), such as the Balkans 1941, are not training scenarios. You could use them as such for more practice on campaigning, but the intent of the training scenarios was to bring players up to speed on most of the rules using the historical opening of the war through the end of 1940.

The set up for Training Scenario Four is referenced in 30.1.2.4.
Quote:
Set up and play the Main Event scenario (32.1) with the
following changes.
Basically you set up the full war campaign, but leave out the Soviet faction for everything, but diplomacy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elisha
United States
Bala Cynwyd
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Thank you very much, Sal, for the clear and (unbelievably) quick help that you provide. I doubt there is designer support in the gaming world that can rival yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls