Hide
10 Posts

Teotihuacan: City of Gods» Forums » Rules

Subject: What about decoration tiles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marcin Jakubiec
msg tools
Hi, I just realize that, there is 15 decoration tiles, but theoreticaly you can build full pyramide and decorate it with 16 tiles. In my copy was 15 decoration tiles and one blank tile. Any idea why it is designed like that?

Game is brilliant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renjie Zhou
Belgium
Baal (Tremelo)
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.. It kinde bothered me aswell when i found out.
Basically no symmetry for us perfectionist.

But i do hope they add a few more in the expansion though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Maple Valley
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Think it’d be a tough sell to build a decoration for 3VP(+bonus), vs. the top construction for 7VP(+bonus), and triggering the final eclipse end game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Moser
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 16 possible combinations of the 4 symbols with two per tile. But one of those would be the double-“blank” icon, which wouldn’t be much of a decoration, so it was not included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Nilsson
Sweden
Malmö
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
There's 610 kilometers to Essen, we've got an empty trunk, half a pack of sleeves, it's dark out, and we're wearing bandshirts. Hit it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! Never thought about that. Thanks for the clarification. I just bought that they only had 15 and didn't think more about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ess Why
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dmoser22 wrote:
There are 16 possible combinations of the 4 symbols with two per tile. But one of those would be the double-“blank” icon, which wouldn’t be much of a decoration, so it was not included.
By double "blank", do you mean the one icon (of the 4) that does not have a corresponding icon for the pyramid track? That icon is missing a double decoration tile. You just wouldn't have the chance to go up the pyramid track but still could conceivably get 2 extra VPs. Not sure why they did not include this tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this teacher's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Todea
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
Popa de rosu!
badge
wheeeeee!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ideas for a 16th tile: no symbols on it but you get an advance on any of the three tracks. So you'd only get 3 points for it (not counting techs) but you choose the track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ohbe One
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd wager there's no way to possibly decorate every step before the game ends negating the "necessity" to have 16 tiles and the reason given for the 15 included (all possible combinations of pyramid symbols minus the double "no matching temple track" symbol) makes a lot of sense.

tzutzy wrote:
Ideas for a 16th tile: no symbols on it but you get an advance on any of the three tracks. So you'd only get 3 points for it (not counting techs) but you choose the track.
That is not a bad idea although...a decoration tile, with no decoration (as previously mentioned) is not very in line with the theme of the action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ohbe One
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jocose wrote:
Think it’d be a tough sell to build a decoration for 3VP(+bonus), vs. the top construction for 7VP(+bonus), and triggering the final eclipse end game.
It's probably impossible to decorate every step before the game ends (completing the pyramid is hard enough) but to your argument, if you have the 4VP per decoration action technology, it makes the decoration action pretty enticing still. Especially with guaranteed temple advancements. So the comparison greatly depends on the tile being placed on the top of the pyramid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls