Stephen Harkleroad
United States
Butler, PA
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Does a player have to take an action? This normally isn't an issue except for stealing buildings, where one may not want to increase the Secret Service level.

2. Those prerequisites...yikes. I generally assume they are "You have this" and not "You must spend/sacrifice this." But what have people been doing about the parts (e.g five bolts) prerequisite? If it means you have to actually have five bolts on your plan, that means that it encourages building but discourages actually completing, which seems super dumb. Is it you just have to have completed parts worth five bolts?

3. I think I know this already, but just to clarify--once you have five codexes, you still have a discard pile and still have to reshuffle them to draw used ones, correct? (Otherwise, the discarding of one scientist option doesn't really apply anymore, which is why I assume you still have to discard things.) I actually do think this is in the rulebook but it's not terribly clear, since all of the visual aides assume you have your full stack available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Pearson
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
Loves Theme
badge
Des Moines Area Boardgamer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. From the rulebook. "Then, if your Firepower is equal to or greater than
the current Secret Service Level, you can choose 1 of
the remaining Buildings in that city and place it next
to your Machine Sheet. When you Capture the Building,"

I would assume you don't have to. Since it also mentions "Attempting" earlier but I would have preferred the word may to can. It doesn't say Must.

2. You count the bolts/plates you have spent on built parts and partially built parts that is why it shows them on the parts as well.

3. Yes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antoine Bauza
France
Valence
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You can, yes, it's not mandatory.
2. You must have the prerequisite, you don't spend them.
3. Correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls