Forbidden Stars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Webway Portal & routed units rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jerry J
msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello,

I’d appreciate thoughts on the following: can an Eldar player „move” a routed unit with Webway Portal? I think the designers’ intention is to forbid mobement of routed units other than retreats, but the rulebook only states they cannot be moved by orders or card effects. Webway Portal is neither of those - therefore, it could be argued that it can be used to move routed units.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dahl
Sweden
flag msg tools
One of the designers Samuel Bailey has answered this same question regarding the Chaos faction ability World Eater Warbands, which count as an order: https://boardgamegeek.com/article/25185587#25185587
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Bailey
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They cannot be moved. It would have been a lot clearer if the rules had said "Routed units cannot be moved except when retreating." but oh well. I will get it on the next game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry J
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the answers! I didn’t make the connection between moving by an order and using the special ability resulting from triggering the Dominate order because both Chaos and Eldar special abilities don’t technically result in „moves” if I’m not mistaken.

Best of luck in designing the successor game Mr. Bailey! I already can’t wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls