Subject: Play solo? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harald M.
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Do someone play solo and how you do it?
Play both side according to the rules, or use some special solo rules.

I'm interested cause I'm mainly a solo player and played this one also solo.
But because of the huge amount of space for the human and destiny board I have to swap chairs. My wife thought I'm going cracy jumping from one side of the table to the other every few minutes 😁
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played it solo to test out the rules. Just switched sides as there really isn't much of an interrupt sequence (not familiar with all the events so maybe it is possible to effect Western Warrior turn) it seemed to go pretty well. I'll have to see if it is the same experience now that I am more comfortable with the rules.

P.S. I normally play every game I own solo at least once or twice before adding human players since I'm usually the game owner and game teacher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Terry... let me know if you wanna play with a "human player"! (Lol)

We've played couple scenarios and I think it gets very tricky for the Hero player!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Simo
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
holywolfman wrote:
Hi Terry... let me know if you wanna play with a "human player"! (Lol)

We've played couple scenarios and I think it gets very tricky for the Hero player!
Yep it does seem hard for the Western Warriors!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Just You Wait!
mbmbmbmbmb
Harrath wrote:

But because of the huge amount of space for the human and destiny board I have to swap chairs. My wife thought I'm going cracy jumping from one side of the table to the other every few minutes 😁
A BGG user was kind enough to post his solo variant (Demon Player AI) for the original game here;
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1307964/claustrophobia-solo...
I found them to be very good for that game. I've yet to try them in 1643, but I think that it will work well. Since the instinct cards were added, they may be overpowered and you may need to drop them. Otherwise, the hell hounds may be problematic. Maybe these should be updated for the new version of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso M.
Netherlands
Delft
French, Spanish-born, residing in the NL
flag msg tools
It is not important to win, it is important not to lose!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried a solo variant that was posted for the original version (Solophobia) but I liked having the Demon board on the table so I shifted to another solo variant that used a d10 except I used a d6 (as there are only 6 Demon abilities in 1643), changing to a d8 as soon as Hellhounds were in play. But that left the Demon's ability unplayed so I went back to using a d10 but got tired of rolling and often dice allocation made no real tactical sense. So after a few rounds I found out I could play better if I assigned the destiny dice myself and to the detriment of the Heroes. I got so immersed and focused and I was having such a blast, that I did not see the time pass. I had spent just over 2 hours with the first scenario on my own, just playing both sides as best as I could. Conclusion, if you really have to play this one solo, forget AI's. Just play both sides and enjoy either one winning!

PS- Of course I had a friend come over for the following sessions and it was so much better. If I did not have with whom to play I don't think it would last long on my shelf, as I don't see its potential for becoming a solo game I'd pull out before any other, better and really solo(able) ones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Hammerschmidt
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
DrWorm331 wrote:
Harrath wrote:

A BGG user was kind enough to post his solo variant (Demon Player AI) for the original game here;
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1307964/claustrophobia-solo...
I found them to be very good for that game. I've yet to try them in 1643, but I think that it will work well. Since the instinct cards were added, they may be overpowered and you may need to drop them. Otherwise, the hell hounds may be problematic. Maybe these should be updated for the new version of the game.

i'm considering attempting this version with 1643 and seeing how it plays. has any one else tried this variant with 1643 yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls