2 Posts

Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game – Adventures in Hyboria» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spies adding dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Drake
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Just ordered the KS version, and putting together a series of houserules and reference materials for my group based on the various stuff I've found here on BGG. One thing I'm wondering, however (have probably just overlooked this), is whether spies can add a sixth combat die, or if they're still part of the "general limit of 5 dice."

Also, in circumstances where a kingdom card (spy?) etc. would add a sixth die, can Conan's die add a seventh? (That's a lot of dice!)

Again, I figure I've just overlooked these, but don't recall having found the rules on this.

Thanks!

Also, why are this game's forums so dead? Seems like an awesome game (admittedly only having played a few test-runs of the base game "against me, myself, and I").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don G.
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heya John,

I completely agree with you! AoC is under appreciated, for sure. I seem to only get two to the table, which doesn't do this game justice. You want at least three, would love four!

For your Spies question, since they are placed in non-friendly provinces it would be possible for them to contribute an extra die to the battle, making the total 7. This breaks the maximum number of dice rule (5 + Conan). But I believe it's still balanced because you need to keep 5 army units intact (not easy through a campaign), plus the player controlling Conan can eliminate spies, and Conan changes hands much more often with the AiH expansion. So between the army size, squishy nature of spies and not always knowing who will end up with Conan on their side makes for an interesting warcipe.

Regards,
Don

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls