7 Posts

Disney Villainous» Forums » General

Subject: Best charatcers to play for an evenly balanced 2 player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Delly Newson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
We had our first game of this tonight, 2 player , Prince John vs Ursula. It felt a bit one sided and Prince John won ( obviously !)

What do you find works well for a 2 player match?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Here is the Tier List

Best by a mile: Queen of Hearts

Top Tier: Prince John and Captain Hook

Bottom Tier: Ursula, Malificent and Jafar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Monsen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
swap Maleficent and Captain Hook

In a nutshell, Male, Prince, and Queen are easy, straightforward and about equal to each other

Jafar, Ursula, and Cap are harder requiring more luck and deck diving, with Ursula being the hardest
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ptak
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How are you guys finding the queen of hearts ideal in a 2 player game? We've noted her fate deck does nothing to impede her victory condition. Once she has wicks down there's no undoing that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I find Capt Hook to be the most fun to play, and he can win in 2-player games. Prince John is my next favorite, and he is even easier to play than Hook.

Malificent is easy to play, but repeated Fate actions against her can really slow her down. That makes her more enjoyable in my opinion.

Queen of Hearts is very easy, but also pretty boring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R C
msg tools
mbmb
Norsehound wrote:
How are you guys finding the queen of hearts ideal in a 2 player game? We've noted her fate deck does nothing to impede her victory condition. Once she has wicks down there's no undoing that.
I've played about 30 1v1 games with my wife and I dont think that's quite true. If nothing else, the 2 Mome Raths cards can be quite effective since they can move wickets. However, Dodo prevents conversions, Cheshire Cat reverts wickets to guards, and Alice prevents movement.

Alice can de a devastating card if played after and to a different location than Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum. Combine that with a Mome Rath and you put the Queen player in a situation where a guard may be needed to vanquish if the game is late enough.

It's all about aggressive fate for Queen. That being said, we still hate playing her and she is usually used as our one denial when we are picking dice out of a bag to determine our villain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Umstattd
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
All Hail Lelouch
mbmbmbmb
I’d probably say anyone but Ursula is good in two player. Then again Ursula is just hard to play well (by design)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls