Popular Tags: [View All]
Damian Korus
Poland
Wroclove
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last part of movement rules explanation I will show you how to attack in Exploration. At this time I will use our Transporter as an offensive spaceship. In the first example I will attack opponent's Money Maker spaceship but we will start from the rules.

Spaceship Attack:
During the Exploration Phase, players may attack, through impact, other Spaceships. After impact both Spaceships suffers a loss of Resistance (-1 point) and Defender Spaceship moves one point according to Attacker Orbit Direction. Two or more spaceships cannot share one movement point! Attacker receives one Frag token for each destroyed spaceship and one experience point for each resistance point that the opponent loses.

Example:
I will use a normal flight movement to move by 5 points and reach point occupied by red Money Maker. Our Transporter will take control over the point and Money Maker will move by one point clockwise. In the result of impact both Spaceships suffers a loss of 1 Resistance point. We receive also 1 Experience point for 1 resistance inflicted on Money Maker. Also red player draws an event card because his Money Maker land on Action movement point.

Another strategy to thwart other players' plans is to block spaceships. On the example above you can see that the Transporter is blocked and If we want to avoid an impact, we can choose one of two options:
1. Use precise flight, move by 1 or 2 points and lose 1 energy point
2. Use Normal flight + avoid obstacle combination. In this case Transporter will move by 5 points (green circles) and will bypass the ship. This move will also cost 1 energy point.

*Additional note: in the example above the Avoid obstacle move will cost 0 energy points because Transporter maneuverability is greater than Money Maker. In other case it will cost one energy point.

In this example I will attack Money Maker using another combination - Elevating movement + Attack. In this case result of impact is same as in standard attack. Our Transporter will take control over the point and Money Maker will move by one point clockwise. Both spaceships suffers a loss of 1 Resistance point and we receive 1 Experience point. At this time red player receives 1 credit.

In the last example we have almost same situation like in Elevating movement + Attack. The difference is that now the two Money Makers are standing next to each other and of course the result of impact. Our Transporter will take control over the point and Money Maker will move by one point clockwise but there is another Money Maker. We have second impact! 1st Money Maker take control over the point and 2nd Money Maker will move by one point clockwise (according to attacker orbit direction). The result is:
- Transporter - -1 Resistance
- 1st Money Maker - -2 Resistance, it is destroyed
- 2nd Money Maker - -1 Resistace
We receive 1 Frag token and 3 Experience points. Red player draws an event card and receives 1 credit.

Important note:
There are 3 categories of objects you can attack. Opponent spaceships, Opponent GNSS module and Self spaceship/GNSS! There may be an impact between two spaceships of the same player!

I realize that it is not easy, especially If you don't have a game on your table. That's why, like always, feel free to ask questions in comments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaziu K
Poland
flag msg tools
mb
I think those rules were quite clear! Interesting way of attacking.

I presume - in last example - that if the spaceship 1 had different orbital direction(as you are considering those in your description) the example would have exactly the same outcome?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Korus
Poland
Wroclove
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaziu, thank you for comment!

Outcome direction depends on Attacker orbital direction, so filght directions of both Money Makers do not affect on the result. Simply answering your question - yes outcome is same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, ships are physically blocking and bumping into each other? That seems a little odd, in the vastness of space. Or am I misunderstanding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Korus
Poland
Wroclove
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It might be odd If you consider the vastness of space, but If you consider specific Trajectory or Orbit, it can be tight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well yes if they are on literally the same orbit.. but there is an infinite number of different orbits. Why would ships be restricted to travelling on a single one? I mean, orbital rendezvous is one of the trickiest maneuvers in space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
adam wilson

Oklahoma
msg tools
Thematically, ramming your ship into another ship seems like a bad way to handle an attack in space. Wouldn't they use weapons like rail guns or lasers? I also agree with the other posts that just because a ship is in the same orbit, that shouldn't guarantee that they collide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Korus
Poland
Wroclove
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Adam you mentioned a very good point. Currently, I plan to add two weapons with the campaign relaunch. For more information, read the KS updates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls