Popular Tags: [View All]
Harvey O'Brien
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
...easy ...easy ...eeesay...
mbmbmbmbmb
Both for melee and ranged purposes, is being ‘inside’ a hut out of line of sight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think so...

I think only the warriors inside a hut can fight each other, but warriors outside cannot attack miniatures inside a hut (and vice versa). Cause being inside a terrain is different than having a terrain between 2 warriors.

But a warrior outside the hut can attack (with a ranged attack) an ennemy who is also outside and within 5 spaces from the attacker even if there's a hut between them (rules says : "Other Figures and terrain do not interfere with this in any way - a Figure may always be targeted if it is within Range."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Talionis
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at this :

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2146689/questions-about-hut...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey O'Brien
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I saw this thread. There’s a lot of confusion about what huts actually are in terms of terrain, obstacle, etc. the rules could have give us a one liner to sort it out. Particularly when the 3D huts come into it, the language in the rule book is unhelpful. We played it as close to common sense as we could, and that’s fine, but it there was a protracted argument about the logic of it. Sigh. FAQ needed, for sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Clark
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Just You Wait!
mbmbmbmbmb
Riles wrote:
Some Figures have access to Ranged Attacks (as shown by their Skills). Ranged Attacks follow all the rules for normal Attacks except they may target an enemy Figure within 5 Spaces in any direction. Other Figures and terrain do not interfere with this in any way - a Figure may always be targeted if it is within Range.
I doesn't look like there is any blocking terrain, as far as line of sight goes. It states something similar for melee attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin C.
France
Annecy
flag msg tools
badge
Not a traitor
mbmbmbmbmb
Line of sight is not even mentioned as a concept in Hate. Either you have range, or you don't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey O'Brien
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure there's no concept of line of sight in the rules, but there is an entrance and exit to the hut, so intuitively, the spaces inside are not accessible from anywhere else (otherwise you could enter the hut from anywhere). So does adjacency (which is the concept in the rules) work if someone is standing outside the hut having just walked up to it from elsewhere while the target had to enter specifically through the entrance? There does need to be a clarification, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Grigg
United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t see any need for clarification if the guy is only accessible by the three sections surely the only adjacent square is the entrance points ,

Buttttt I’m sure an errata can cover it soon , in relation to ranged attacks I believe as long as it’s within 5 squares of the attacker then it’s fair game no cover no line of sight . So in this instance I wouldn’t worry about the entrance point or sections you can’t get in because the arrow would come from above and avoid the situation completely .

5 squares away from the attacker . If you are within 5 squares you can be hit inside or out .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harvey O'Brien
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FAQ fix. Yes they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesús Ch.
Spain
Córdoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can we then make a ranged attack on a figure inside a hut? I understand that yes if it is within your reach, as we can read on page 16.

It seems strange but I think so. We'll have to imagine using fire arrows... ...

Edit:

I just read page 3 of official faqs:

Q: Can you perform a Ranged attack against
someone inside a Hut?
A: No, a Figure inside a Hut can’t be targeted
by Ranged attacks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls