Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rastislav Bodi
Slovakia
flag msg tools
The 7 Stages of a Board Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it allowed to bid for emperor every turn for the same player? (that already has locked general there)

Additionaly, can I increase my bid with Han token?
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues Richard
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women... by tiebreaker.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, though his bidding potential should be equal or less than other players because of this locked (face down) general.

Yes but at the same time as a general.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Denison
United States
Ames
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No one should let you get away with that. That Emporer track is worth a lot more points than you think it is. I have found if its ignored you will have a hard time winning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
leizeQ wrote:
Is it allowed to bid for emperor every turn for the same player? (that already has locked general there)

Additionaly, can I increase my bid with Han token?
Thanks
Thank you for replying on our behalf, Hugues. We confirm Hugues' reply is correct.

The common action spaces are open to bidding by all players for all rounds.

And the Han Emperor token may be used to increase any of the player's bid. It must be placed together with a general. The rules relevant to this can be found under "Ways to Increase Bids", on the right side of page 9 of rulebook:

Han emperor token

A player in possession of the Han emperor token for that round may use it to increase one of his general ’s bid by 1. The Han emperor token must be placed together with a general token on an action space to reflect the increased bid; it cannot be placed on its own on an action space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rastislav Bodi
Slovakia
flag msg tools
The 7 Stages of a Board Gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot everybody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Thüs
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
Howdy

If a player has the Han Emporer token and nobody has bid on "Control Han Emporer" in the current round...what happens to the Han token at the end of the round?
a. The player who currently owns it, keeps it for the next round.
b. The player who currently owns it, returns it to the general supply at the end of the round.

I didn't find anything in the rules about this situation.

all the best
Alberto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
Alberto112 wrote:
Howdy

If a player has the Han Emporer token and nobody has bid on "Control Han Emporer" in the current round...what happens to the Han token at the end of the round?
a. The player who currently owns it, keeps it for the next round.
b. The player who currently owns it, returns it to the general supply at the end of the round.

I didn't find anything in the rules about this situation.

all the best
Alberto
It is (b), the player returns the Han Emperor token to the general supply at the end of the round.

The relevant rules are under Resolution Phase, Take Actions, Control Han Emperor, on page 14 of the rulebook:

If all players do not bid for the "control Han emperor" action space in a round, return the Han emperor token to the general supply during the Update and Maintenance immediately after the round. No player may use the Han emperor token for bidding in the following round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Thüs
Germany
Düsseldorf
flag msg tools
thanks...I am so blind.blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
Alberto112 wrote:
thanks...I am so blind.blush
No worries. We are always happy to help new players of our game design get into the game rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls