Johnny Mustang

Ashland
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tend to get either the Navigation or Bomber Stream skill first. Can you convince me to get something else first?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Paris
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get lost that much? Get a new 10 die.

As for me I go with aim skill.

And that's the beauty of choosing your skill as opposed to rolling for the skill. You can try different strategies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Smith
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Rich,
I do like your comment, insomuch I wanted the player to have as many meaningful decisions as possible.

Personally, I think there's 3 approaches to skills in the game:

1. Mr. Offensive
2. Mr. Defensive
3. "Balanced" approach.

But even with an offensive-skill priority, a case might be made for landing skill, right away. In the long run it's probably going to save your life, not to mention save a lot of sorties that would be lost otherwise due to hospital stays. I think for a buck, it's an almost must-buy, unless you're trying to push your luck with an extreme offense skilled pilot.

I dunno, just how I see it.

Greg
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Schall
United States
Evans City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I get landing immediately. When available. Then I get expert. Anything else is gravy.

Navigation, maybe down the road. Bomber stream is way down the road -for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Mustang

Ashland
Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And I've been playing Light Wound wrong. Dang it.

I do seem to get lost a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Cowling
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Survival first, then Glory!! Otherwise Glory will be short lived! Seriously, build up survival skills first - landing and parachute skills at least. At least that is how this cautious pilot made it to the end with a very respectable total. It is so tempting to start racking up kills and medals, but sad experience always seems to lead to an early KIA result one way or another!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony O'Sullivan
Australia
flag msg tools

My order is:-

1. Landing - if I don't have this then I'm in a world of hurt
2. ACM - need to reduce the damage
3. Bomber Stream - need to get amongst the bombers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Moore
United States
Waynesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Landing, parachute and situational awareness asap for the pilot. Parachute, weapons/electronics maintenance and situational awareness asap for the crew.
Getting SA for the entire crew is invaluable for avoiding Mosquitos.
Then Bomber Stream and ACM for the pilot. Aiming or expert I have yet to get. Bomber Stream is IMO a must. To be able to roll for one encounter after another I can't recommend enough. I've had ace in one night several times, with 6 in one night being my all time best so far.
Eventually I hope to get the radar skill, if I can ever get a funker to live long enough, or not be seriously wounded..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Canning
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Tony above for pilot skills.

Pilot: 1) Landing (Greg may recall my posting that I lost a pilot on crashing when landing after his first mission after no encounters or damage); 2) ACM - vital in minimizing damage; and 3)
3. Bomber Stream - need to get amongst the bombers. After that, my choices depend on how well pilot is racking up kills.

Funker: 1) Radar Op skill; 2) Electronic Repair; 3) SA; 4) Parachute

Others: 1)Weapon Repair; 2) SA; 3)Gunnery

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Oddo
United States
New Windsor
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me these are definitely the first two:
1) ACM
2) Bomber Stream

The others depend upon situation, plane type, prestige, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony O'Sullivan
Australia
flag msg tools

Getting the Radar Op skill for the Funker is a must. But getting a Funker to last 20 sorties to earn it - now that's the really tricky part. And then once he gets the skill, can he survive long enough to use it ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Bosmans
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About landing...

I remember that those pilots who flew into the Twin towers surprised their teachers that they were not really interested in ... landing the plane.

I guess landing should be a first priority unless you want to train Kamikazees.

That being said: I still did not receive my reserved copy at the shop. So I have no idea frankly.

Frustration sets in ....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Nickelson
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Without doubt: landing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Morka
Finland
Salo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Landing first, nothing better than die stay alive vs shoot bombers down and get yourself killed in landing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls