8 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Deck Building for the Dunwich Legacy investigators rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M. Hisham Y
msg tools
Hi all,
I started the Dunwich Legacy campaign with Rex and Jim. My question is related to the deck building for both. Their cards states: (up to 5 level 0 cards from any other class). Let's talk about Rex for example: Does this statement mean that I can use only 5 cards of exactly one type of class (plus the seeker cards of course)? So if I use 3 Rouge cards for him I can't mix it with 2 Survivor cards (total are 5). Right?
Then if this right that I can only use one type of class, this also means that when upgrading cards with gained experience points between scenarios I can only buy cards of the same class I had previously chosen in the start of the campaign. Right? Or maybe I have to replace all 5 cards with 5 experiece points to a different class (which is of course unrealistic).
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kill Bray
msg tools
It can be any card from the remaining 4 factions in any number.

You can have 1 survivor, 1 rogue, 1 guardian and 2 mystic cards on Rex, or 5 mystics, or 5 survivors, or even no card from other factions at all.

Note that these must all be level 0 cards. Rex and any other Dunwich investigator cannot have level 1 to 5 cards that are from a different faction (excluding neutral cards).

Even if a card like shriveling has an upgrade, that card cannot be upgraded if you are Rex or Zoey as it would no longer be a level 0 card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
bluestar2022 wrote:
Hi all,
I started the Dunwich Legacy campaign with Rex and Jim. My question is related to the deck building for both. Their cards states: (up to 5 level 0 cards from any other class). Let's talk about Rex for example: Does this statement mean that I can use only 5 cards of exactly one type of class (plus the seeker cards of course)? So if I use 3 Rouge cards for him I can't mix it with 2 Survivor cards (total are 5). Right?
Then if this right that I can only use one type of class, this also means that when upgrading cards with gained experience points between scenarios I can only buy cards of the same class I had previously chosen in the start of the campaign. Right? Or maybe I have to replace all 5 cards with 5 experiece points to a different class (which is of course unrealistic).
Thanks
It's Rogue, not rouge. Rouge is for the lips.

You can use 5 cards of 4 different classes if you want. The only restriction is that you cannot use more than 5 cards from classes that are not Seeker or Neutral.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Montgomery
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
If you are unsure, you can always build the deck at arkhamdb.com which is pretty good at checking for correctness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M. Hisham Y
msg tools
Thanks a lot for the answers. I have this assumption of using only one class because the starter decks from FFG pdf maual I downloaded used this method, maybe unintentionally!
Is there a link or post here explaining how to use the arkhamdb to build a valid and good deck? I found the site little ambiguous.
Many Thanks again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bluestar2022 wrote:
Thanks a lot for the answers. I have this assumption of using only one class because the starter decks from FFG pdf maual I downloaded used this method, maybe unintentionally!
Is there a link or post here explaining how to use the arkhamdb to build a valid and good deck? I found the site little ambiguous.
Many Thanks again
arkhamdb will alert you if your deck is invalid, and it's very good about all the potential problems. For "Good", it's helpful to browse through decks other people have built (you can choose to only look at the ones using the cards you own), and read comments, but there's really no substitute for building your own and trying them out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Montgomery
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
bluestar2022 wrote:
Many Thanks again
Is this what you are looking for?

1) Log in to arkhamdb. I'm not sure how the steps change if you don't have an account.

2) Once logged in, from the drop-down menu under the person icon on the far right, select "My Collection". Select the sets that you own (note, you can tell it if you own 2 core sets) and click Save.

3) Click "My Decks" from the top banner.

4) Click the "+New Deck" button on the right side of the page.

5) Select the investigator you want to build for using he "Create *** Deck" button (under each investigator).

6) Warnings about breaking deck building rules will show up to the right of the investigator art. For a new deck, you should see a red ! with the warning "Contains too few cards." You add cards using the table to the right and there will be some suggested cards listed on the left under your deck.

Hope that helps,
Aaron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Boardman
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bluestar2022 wrote:
Many Thanks again
I think the FFG starter decks are usually built for maximum compatibility with other starter decks assuming one core set. I agree that the wording on the Dunwich investigators' cards is ambiguous and would have been clearer if it were "up to five level 0 cards from any other classes". However, the first preview article for the cycle made it clear that you could mix and match up to five cards from across all the classes. I imagine these articles aren't read much nowadays, but it would explain why there wasn't much confusion when the expansion first released!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls