Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Richmond
United States
Mebane
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I think we must be missing something.

We just played coop and it lists the highest achievement at 70 points.
We scored 131.

Is the only way to get pain when you lose in combat (or an occasional card effect like one of the shields)?

It seems like in the video game that food is very hard to acquire. Seems to be really easy in the board game.

Why does it seem like you can just hang out in town for an unlimited amount of time until your deck is strong enough to kill everything in the game easily? Are you required to move on every turn?

Even in single player (two players playing) competitive mode, we scored 110 to 91. Is this a normal score?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Cloutier
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The coop campaign has a timer mechanism that keeps you from just sitting in town. If you just sit in the town you'll run the timer down pretty quickly. I found the coop campaign anything but easy under that pressure.

In your competitive game was it 110 after the three game sequence? If so that seems to match up with our experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
jasonr1023 wrote:

It seems like in the video game that food is very hard to acquire. Seems to be really easy in the board game.
That depends on the cards in the market. First game we were flooded by food, everyone had like 10 tokens. Next game we were starved.

jasonr1023 wrote:

Why does it seem like you can just hang out in town for an unlimited amount of time until your deck is strong enough to kill everything in the game easily? Are you required to move on every turn?
No, and we've noticed that, too. The wandering aspect isn't particularly gratifying and it narrows your buy options which seem to be far more important than random boons you can get from wandering. With this approach, it, sadly, quickly turns back into flat no-board Ascension/Star Realms game of staying in the city and buying cards, before, at some point, deciding that you're ok now to search for the royalty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua V
United States
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think in the co-op you take your final score and then also divide either by 2 or by the total number of players (which in your case was still 2). Did you do that?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Richmond
United States
Mebane
NC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shaftwindu wrote:
I think in the co-op you take your final score and then also divide either by 2 or by the total number of players (which in your case was still 2). Did you do that?
Completely missed the divide by two.
We had only revealed one encounter on the king stage before we demolished the king.

We missed the dealers chosen rank - but would have gotten it if we had done probably one more encounter.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua V
United States
CO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed that the first campaign too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Solid Oak Shelf
msg tools
mb
Still the initial question stands - what is to stop you in Solo/Ccop from just sitting in the town until you are powered up enough to win easily? I know some adventures in the campaign have timers, but others (eg The Duke’s Aid in the Plague campaign) do not!

Any house rules to fix this, or am I missing something? Looking for a challenge here!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls