Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Trophy Hunt from Jabbas realm! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pier Desuna
Mexico
flag msg tools
mb
Isnt this mission really, really hard for rebels? I think Empire is OP in this mission... Am I wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Roberts
Australia
Aspendale Gardens
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Randomiz3 wrote:
Isnt this mission really, really hard for rebels? I think Empire is OP in this mission... Am I wrong?
We played through this one in play-by-forum mode and we felt like we pretty much had no chance.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Any competent Imperial player can use the Rancor and Kalenen (sp?) carefully enough to avoid having him defeated. Double move and hide behind stuff, repeat, etc. I think he even has a recover damage option too, so yeah, very difficult for Rebels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Przemek Król
Poland
Bydgoszcz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played it, but you can vote it in here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty
United States
California
flag msg tools
We played Trophy Hunting and I was the imperial against MHD-19, Onar, Shyla, and Vinto. Although I won without too much trouble, it should have been closer but the rebels were convinced that a Nexu was coming out. So they were quite ill prepared once I dropped that monster on the board. Here's my own quote from the "Humor and Drama in Campaigns" thread over on the FFG forums: (https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/255610-humor-...)

Quote:
My gaming group is about halfway through Jabba's Realm. We've played all the campaigns in order and hope to continue. Whoever plays as the rebel heroes, has a healthy fear and an understood aggression whenever royal guards or nexus land on the board. I have a dedicated dining room table that I usually leave pieces out on and often have the next mission setup for whenever we play next. I also keep my figures in those clear tackle box kits, but when we're in the middle of a campaign, it's not hard to find a pile of figures that were in previous missions or in the upcoming mission.

So we're playing trophy hunting, and I had a nexu in the previous mission that was still in the pile. The mission card mentions "a new pet" for Jabba, and one of more experienced rebels said "oh boy another nexu to fight". I let them believe that to be the case, until I dropped the rancor on the board.

They thought I was joking at first. After a few seconds I was the only one left laughing as they started scrambling, trying to figure out how to survive this mission.

They didn't make it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls