Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David B
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trying to figure out the rules here before playing a game. In section 10.1 the rules talk about how to win (most victory points from power bars/treaties) but I don't see where it explains when the game is finished. Have I missed something? I'm just looking for a standard game not any particular scenario.

In a related question, I don't see rules for setting up a generic subsection. Again, there are the scenario specific set-ups but the scenario books say you don't have to use the special scenarios, you can just build a subsector and start. What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is played to a set number of turns. So in Scenario 1 “Ascension” rated as a training mission, you play to 6 turns.

As for the sub sector layout, you could do pretty much anything you want. You could just use one of the map layouts in the scenario book and play without any special rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David B
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Brian. I do see the turns listed for the scenarios. I was trying to figure out how you would play a standard game (not a specific scenario). I guess the answer is you just make something up. I really wish there was a standard set-up in the book for every player count. While in the long run making stuff up works it would be nice to have it spelled out for learning to play the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Torrens
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am going to set up a two player game just so I can walk myself through a few turns to make certain I have a good grasp of the rules and then next week I hope to get in a three player game. Most likely I will select one of the map layouts from the 3-4 player setups and use it with the full rules to 10 turns with no special rules. A "standard" setup map for the different player counts would have been nice, but with all the map layouts, it is pretty easy to just pick one that looks like fun. Then you can play with the special scenario, or just with the standard rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls