Lev Matiushenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Seems like due to limited amount of passengers tokens cruise ships can be fully loaded just once and after that become a dead weight in waiting zones for the rest of the game. I think 1$ is more than nothing for each passenger die.
Or the idea was that it is less expensive to keep contaniers moving rather than let them stay in the Warehouse when there's no other than cruise ship place to put them?

Discribing situation through my eyes as a current player.
Previous player loaded his 1-slot ship and used one waterway movement action to leave loading zone and enter first lock. Rules state that on my turn I can merge my 2 or three slots ship into one group with previous player's ship using waterway action. That's because it all happens in first lock.
But if previous player also used a lockmovement action to pass first lock. There is still space available for another ship but, according to rules that 1-slot ship is now considered as a group and cannot be merged with a ship or a group from previous locks. Am I right?

BTW, do share icons on players ships mean something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kr├╝ger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- Containers sitting in the warehouse are really expensive. Play a bit more and then decide about your house rule (which sounds okay and not game breaking to me). Cruises are, indeed, not very attractive later in the game.

- Groups may (must) be merged with ships or groups when in the same lock. Just make sure that there is enough space before moving into a lock.

- Never noticed the icons :-). I guess it just indicates ownership?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev Matiushenko
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I guess I should visualise my question. Which of the following movements is correct when red ship performs it's move?

OR

?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Univanger wrote:
I guess I should visualise my question. Which of the following movements is correct when red ship performs it's move?

OR

?
The top one is correct, assuming you're talking about moving the red 3 from the first lock to the second.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls