Subject: Something in between Via Nebula and Brass for two players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Zoe
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi folks,

My husband seems to enjoy pick and and deliver games where you build something with the goods you’ve collected. He really likes Via Nebula and Akrotiri, but Via Nebula is starting to feel a little too light/not enough stuff going on - at least with 2 players.

People have recommended Brass: Birmingham but that looks like a bit much for us at the moment.

Is there anything in between that works well with 2 players?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willow Dewey
United States
Clarksville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Hi there! My wife and I experienced the same thing with Via Nebula. We like the game, it's just too simple at two players for our liking. I've never played Brass, so I can't comment on it's complexity. We really like Five Tribes, Orleans, Castles of Burgundy, Concordia, and Clank! They work great for two players and are more complex than Via Nebula, in my humble opinion. Have fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Willow Most of those games are on my wishlist, so good to know they’ll be around the right complexity for us.

Have you come across any pick up and deliver games in that weight range?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santiago De arana
Germany
Munich
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
I like akrotiri the most, but have you considered the Istanbul big box? The base game gets a bit samey after a while.

Others to look at:

Broom service

The Great Heartland Hauling Co.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I actually just bought the app for Istanbul to give it a try before spending the $$$ on the big box! Haven’t played it yet..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Hemisphere
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FWiW Brass, either version, isn't a pick up and deliver game. Its a route building and resource management game. It's pretty good at 2p but better with more. the 2p game lacks tension and becomes a parallel game about maximizing points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good to know, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David op De Beeck
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tramways is an excellent pickup and Delivery game and altough it's heavy at 4 players it's pretty light at 2 players. If you don't like reading a rulebook there are playthroughs by both Heavy Cardboard and Rahdo on youtube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hey, I've created a video channel! Hover over my avatar to get more info! :) - Josh -
Canada
Cambridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
My video channel has a Facebook page - Find it by searching "Josh Yaks page" on Facebook
badge
Find my video channel on YouTube as "Josh Yaks"!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kings of Air and Steam scales very well with 2 players.

I don't know if it would be too simple, but my wife and I have enjoyed Perry Rhodan: The Cosmic League quite a lot over the years.

Cinque Terre is another one that might be on the simpler end of the spectrum, but is pretty fun.

The Great Heartland Hauling Co. is definitely simple, but it's pure pick-up-and-deliver and it's as compact and portable a game as you can get!

I've never played it, but Wasteland Express Delivery Service might fit your criteria.

If you ever have 4 or 5 players, Lords of Xidit is a fun one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls