Maxence L.F.
msg tools
Hi everyone,

I am planning a game with Mother of Dragons soon. We will be six players, so I would like to have some advices regarding which vassals to choose in order to have the most balanced experience possible.

Any recommendation on this topic?

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Straetemans
Netherlands
's-Hertogenbosch
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Either Arryn, Baratheon or Martel and on the other side Greyjoy, Lannister or Tyrell.

Just make sure they are not next to each other.

Good one might be Greyjoy and Baratheon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d s
Canada
flag msg tools
kanniebaal wrote:

Makes Lannister an appealing choice, starting with two dominance tokens and the ability to vassalize GJ. Them being strong is definitely thematic, and the changing balance based on player count and house selection is something I really like about MoD.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You do NOT choose vassals.
Determine players order and each player chooses his house to play. What is left becomes vassals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxence L.F.
msg tools
deranger wrote:
kanniebaal wrote:

Makes Lannister an appealing choice, starting with two dominance tokens and the ability to vassalize GJ. Them being strong is definitely thematic, and the changing balance based on player count and house selection is something I really like about MoD.
I agree with these suggestions ! Time to hear them roar ! :-D

Radziol wrote:
You do NOT choose vassals.
Determine players order and each player chooses his house to play. What is left becomes vassals.
Indeed, but I think it would be more interesting if we choose the vassals in order to shift the usual balance of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Brother wrote:
Indeed, but I think it would be more interesting if we choose the vassals in order to shift the usual balance of the game.
I disagree. I see it as a self balancing rule which is flexible and fits to all players and groups styles of play.
I saw a guy who loved to play Lannister while many hates it.
How can I create an universal balanced setup for him and all other players?
If players have any experience they will choose their houses in a way to balance previous choices and who made them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls