Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With the week behind us it's time to post your week's mini-session reports and stories to answer our favorite question:

mbmbWhat did you play this week? - Edition 511
mbmbindigo This week's WDYPTW Geeklist
mbmbindigo WDYPTW subscription thread
mbmbindigo The WDYPTW Guild
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good variety this week...

Monday
1x - Voyages of Marco Polo - mb
1x - Dead of Winter
1x - Ticket to Ride: Team Asia

Tuesday
mb/mb - 3.1 mi in 25:43 (8:18)

Wednesday
1x - Hostage Negotiator: Crime Wave - mb

Thursday
1x - Abyss - mb

Friday
1x - Abyss - mb 25th play

Saturday
mb/mb - 4.42 mi in 36:11 (8:11), 30 mins weights at PF

Sunday
2x - Skull King

I got in a nice variety of games this week, some exercise and worked on a couple of puzzles. I had family in town and my daughter visiting during the busy weekend.

meeple Keep playing...
BK's Hardcore 10x10 in 2019 List 17/100
BK's Solo 10x10 in 2019 List 18/100
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Athimon
France
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi to all f you,
I hope you are all fine :)

A very good week for us in terms of number of plays : 21, for a total of 6 different games :)

So here is what we have played :

Dice City x3 (2-player games) part of the our 10x10 challenge
My wife and I have been ill at the beginning of last week and we used this time to play a lot :)
We had 3 Dice City games, with all different games, and each time it is a nice discovery. I think now with these games we have discovered all the cards and we have also added some new ones.
Interesting time, we are now playing quicker, and the games are always tensed as when one of us wins the other is not far behind never more than 5 points.
No special strategy used in each game. We are still discovering it and we are still adpating to what is offered in the display zone.

Ganz schön clever x9 (5 2-player games / 3 3-player games / 1 4-player games)
Well, this is the game we have played the most since the end of December 2018.
I think now we have more than 20 plays, and we are still enjoying it. Our younger children (16 and 18) have now joined us to play it. The only flaw of the game is not being playable with 5 players...

Cyclades x1 (2-player game)
Our second play, but with my son only.
He is the only one at home that really wants to play it.
He won quite largely, with 4 Metropolis to 1 for me. In the last turn of the game, he built his third one and attacked an Island where I had one Metroplois. But because he had a lot more money than I had I was defeated after the second throw of the fighting dice.
Nice game. We have planned to play more often. He is also considering the possible expansions...

Boomerang x1 (2-player game)(part of our second 10x10 challenge, but this one is dedicated to Roll/Card/Tiles and Write games)
A game played with my wife :) She won.
The fun is still present and we really like to play this game at home. What is frustrating in 2-player games is that sometimes you don't see some cards.
We really enjoy the fact to have to choose the cards and to carefully think to what you want on these cards.
A really interesting game. :)

Azul x6 (1 3-player game / 5 2-player games) (also part of our 10x10 challenge)
We had the chance to play 6 games of it this week. What a nice game. I have won 2 games out of 6, my wife is far better at it than I am now. I must a way to improve...

Noch Mal x1 (2-player game) (part of our second 10x10 challenge)
Well a quick game of it. My wife defeated me with this one. She got 38 points whereas I only managed to get 18 :)
What a bad week for me in terms of victories but what a fun week spent to play a lot of good games (and that's th most important) :)

In terms of translation, not much to say :
I completed the translation of all the cards, Board in the game called Concerto.
I completed a project for Board Game Circus.
Finally, I worked on the translation of the rules of the future KS campaign (March) done by EGG for Age of Steam Deluxe.

Thanks for taking time to read.
Have a nice gaming week :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This week? I think I had a game of Century: Spice Road (2 player vs my wife, she won). I also played SpaceCorp - one full solo game (and easy win for my first game despite playing some things wrong and disadvantaging myself), and one short game (Mariners Era only) against my wife (where my knowledge gave me the edge).

In preparation I read the rules for Xia, Triplanetary, and Apollo: The Game of Our First Voyages to the Moon... but scheduling changes meant we didn't get to play any of those yet.

Hmmm... I think I also had a short game of Pendragon. Yeah, I did. In the end, the Saxons managed to slip in a settlement at a 3 population area that they boosted to 4 while taking the Civitates below their goal, winning the game. I played multiplayer solo and the region gained autonomy (driven by the Civitates player as it pushed them back into victory - and then they were deprived by 1 point of getting there).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Comboteur "Crazed 'Beastface' Survivor" Fou
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dark Dealings NEW EXPANSIONS! xd10-3
Finally received the expansions after like two years.
Solo, 2 wins, 1 loss, still fun has heck, love this game.

Page Quest SEASON 1: Mythical Artifacts xd10-3
Solo, first adventure, all losses, and unfortunately I like this one nowhere near as much as the A4 version. This one is much more repetitive. And much harder too, which means you must repeat plays with little variance.

Arkham Horror: The Card Game xd10-2
Guardians of the Abyss as part of my Carcosa campaign. Wow, the difficulty is out of this world. Didn't do much in the first scenario, did even less in the second due to my guardian not hitting a single weapon in the first seven rounds despite doing almost nothing but draw. Lame, will replay.

Hostage Negotiator xd10-2
Played with the Negotiators against Crime Wave's abductors. Won against Garrett, lost against Lijah but misplayed an unwinnable situation corrected in the game's forums. Didn't replay it after that though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a couple of nights duelling with Kent, but we both learned a new game!

Monday

Rajas of the Ganges = 1 Play (NEW)

I really love Village so when I saw that the Brands made a game which included dice I really wanted it but it seemed no one locally brought it in until recently, so I of course grabbed it immediately. The dice are actually resources which are needed mainly to purchase tiles which are then used to build up your personal estate and is one of the main ways to earn both money and VPs. Both are important since the way to trigger the game end is for your markers from the money and VP tracks to intersect. This is essentially a tile laying game with racing and worker placement mechanics and the dice makes for an interesting resource mechanic since not only are colors important but in some spaces the number of pips matter. There is also a river track which gives players cool bonuses depending on where their boat lands and is one area where dice with low values matter. Additional workers are unlocked when you go past certain spaces on the VP, money, and river track but players can essentially go heavy with a money or VP or balanced strategy in this game. I would like to see more variety with the building tiles though but that’s what expansions are for.

Learning how to play the game!

Kent and I both managed to have both tracks intersect in the last round but Kent’s markers ended up with a farther distance as he had a combined VP+gold value of 113 to my 100.

Star Realms: Frontiers = 1 Play

We closed the evening with a play of this. The scenario card enabled us to place ships we bought on top of our draw deck and bases cost 1 less to buy. This enabled me to buy green damage dealing ships which really piled on the damage quick although Kent had some major turns in the late game. My early hits were too much to overcome though so I managed to win over Kent’s Coalition.

Me The Pact 36 Kent The Coalition 0

Wednesday

Rajas of the Ganges = 1 Play

We had another try of this and this time Kent went heavy with money although I wasn’t really too far behind there. What did matter is that Kent managed to have both markers cross each other while I could not so that meant he won.

Kent 96 Me 87

War Chest = 1 Play

This bag builder closed the evening. Kent’s scouts gave him an early start on the board while was building up my bag. My Footmen however enabled me to spread out better and thus I caught up with Kent in terms of captured objectives and while my Lancers were neutralized, I managed to take the fight to Kent and captured one of his objectives deep in his territory for the win.

Me 6 Kent 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Between Two Cities x 1
Carpe Diem x 1
The Mind x 1
Condottiere x 1
Unlock! The Adventurers of Oz x 1
Pandemic x 1 (solo)
Baseball Highlights: 2045 x 2 (solo)
That's Pretty Clever x 2 (solo)
Fleet: The Dice Game x 2 (solo)
Terraforming Mars x 2 (solo)
First Class: All Aboard the Orient Express! x 2 (solo)
OctoDice x 2 (solo)
Nations: The Dice Game x 2 (solo)
Nusfjord x 2 (solo)
Bridges to Nowhere x 2 (solo)
Legacy of Dragonholt x 1 (solo)
Finished! x 1 (solo)
Fleet: Arctic Bounty x 1 (solo)
Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game x 1 (solo)
SteamRollers x 2 (solo)
Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure x 1 (solo)
Limes x 2 (solo)
Freedom: The Underground Railroad x 1 (solo)
Friday x 2 (solo)
Sprawlopolis x 3 (solo)
Le Havre x 1 (solo)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
That’s a lot of solo gaming Joe!

I played more this week than I thought.

Monday
Lost Cities

Wednesday
Spring Meadow x2

Friday
Greed x3

Saturday
Fields of Arle. I tried a linen and shipping goods strategy which didn’t work like I wanted. My wife is back to her winning ways in this one. She’s won both games we’ve played in 2019.

Sunday
Suburbia. I won thanks to a Law Office which I mostly bought because I didn’t want her to buy it.

Träxx x3. I think I like this one, but I’m not sure how many plays it’ll last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Davey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monday

Gloomhaven was a good way to start the week. We are now 36 scenarios into our campaign and although our sessions are becoming a little less frequent, I can see us easily finishing the campaign. As we are all level 8 or 9, we are finding the missions a little easy now. We will increase the difficulty for the next mission.

Tuesday

7 Wonders with many different expansions. I have played the base game many times and with Leaders once, so this was an interesting experience. I don't think that the game gets any harder, just more complicated with a significant rules burden. I liked it, but more as a curiosity.

Afterwards we played a couple of games of Parade, which is a game I have only played a few times but thoroughly enjoy. I think you are mostly at the mercy of what cards you draw, but there is room for some clever maneuvering.

Friday

Cult: Choose Your God Wisely looked interesting; the theme and the artwork both appealed and seemed somewhat unique. This is an area influence/control game, which should be firmly in my wheelhouse, but this was a massive disappointment for me. It started poorly, and only got worse. This will probably be one of the worse games I play this year.

We had a few games of The Resistance: Avalon afterwards, which is a great, quick classic.

Sunday

We managed to get Francis Drake played after it had been on my shelf for a couple of weeks. I am really enjoying exploring some older designs, which this one could be considered as such. Suffice to say I enjoyed this immensely, even though I came second from last in a 4 player game. It is a clean and interesting design, with 2 distinct phases that feel very different. Plus the components are fantastic.

After that we played The Challenger Expedition from the new Unlock! Exotic Adventures set. These get better and better and are using the app in new and interesting ways. We beat the scenario with a score of 5 stars, so i guess we are getting better as well.

We rounded the night off with The Game, recording one loss and one win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Condon-Jones
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Castles of Burgundy: The Card Game x 1
Not played this before. It was a decent game. Certainly worth the £5 or so I paid for it on Amazon.

Star Realms x 1
Somehow this twenty minute game took an hour an and a quarter - with close finish where I won, but was down to 5 health authority by the end.

Celestia x 1
With the A Little Help expansion. Second time I've played this. Certainly better with more players. Fun, but I'm not convinced it's got legs.

Carcassonne x 1
Classic.

Magic: The Gathering x 1
Thrashed by my son.

Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends x 1
I taught my son - only my second game of this. In the end I thrashed him 9-0 and he hates the game. (I know some consider it customary to lose when you teach someone, but that never made sense to me).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Vande Ven Jr.
United States
Verona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuesday night I got back to my old friend Too Many Bones. I used Gasket and took on Gendricks. On day 9, I needed one more progress point, so I had to succeed. Unfortunately, I pulled the second tyrant encounter. I was doing all right, but a tough roll by the strongest baddie on the mat knocked me down to where I was taken out by the orb at the end of round 3.

On Thursday night I played three games of Santorini against my son. For the first time, we tried the Santorini: Golden Fleece expansion. It’s amazing how good this 7 year old is. He beat me the first two games, and I was able to win the third. Not sure how I feel about the ram in the expansion. It's a different game with a shared god power, and I'm not sure it's for the better.

Saturday we had a great 4 player gaming day. First we tried Exit: The Game – The Secret Lab. Nobody had super high hopes on this, but 65 minutes later, we solved it without using a single clue (9 points!), and had a great time. Good puzzles, clever use of parts. The only thing that is kind of annoying is that it’s very legacy, where the game cannot be played again. But we might just pick up another version.

After that was some Terraforming Mars, usingTerraforming Mars: Colonies for the first time with a group. I actually barely used the colonies. I traded a few times, but never put out a colony. Instead with my corp, getting a terraforming engine going was key. I was able to win a low scoring game with 78 points.

Later we played Roll for the Galaxy with Roll for the Galaxy: Ambition. Such a good game. And the games go quick, which is a nice change of pace. The first game was a super fast one. One player was building a bunch of low point stuff, so hit 12 spots filled quickly. I was keeping close pace, but I had some higher value ones. With that, we tied with 28 for the shared victory. Then in a second game, I shipped heavily. I started with extra blue dice and worlds, and the ambition cards were about shipping, so it all worked well. I blew everyone away with a score of 47, while others were stuck in the 20s.

Next up was Everdell. It’s been a while since we played that. A lot slower going as the other players didn’t seem to remember the cards much. In the first game, I managed a very nice 70 points, but I was second by 17. Although we played the legendary cards wrong, which gave the winning player a big advantage. Another game, and this time I didn’t even fill out my city of 15 spaces. Partly this is because I had all three Wanderer cards. I did this because I had the school, where I got +1 for each common critter. I used that to score 11 points, and had 71. I was in second place again, but only by 4 points.

Sunday afternoon I played some Too Many Bones, using Nugget to take on Gendricks. This is the first time I have played Nugget. She is very strong, but you need to be careful. I got through the first 8 days with no KOs, but was within 1 health on a few. I took on Gendricks in day 9, and had an epic battle. Gendricks was able to knock out all of my stat dice, so I was back to base stats. And I needed to use bleed to take out a baddie before getting to Gendricks, so it was me vs him, and the orb was out pretty much the entire time. The Zelfey Root was key, as that allowed me to stave off fatigue. It took 12 rounds of battle, but I finally prevailed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slightly usurped by Rob above, but anyway...

Tuesday 05/02 (with Rob)
7 Wonders + Leaders + Cities + the Tower from Babel, 5 players. We were a little rusty on setup but once done the game rattled along nicely and proved to be enjoyable enough that we organised a full-fat mode for Club night later in the week.
Parade x 2, 5 players. As Rob said, an enjoyable game.

Wednesday 06/02
Sentient, 4 players, lunch time at work. Another well received game by this group.

FUSE, 3 players. We won a Standard game.
Viticulture, 3 players. We seemed to be on form as the scores were 25, 25, 24.

Friday 08/02
The Grizzled, 3 players, lunch time at work. Another well received game, which we won with ease. I guess I'm going to have to start using the Traps.
The Bottle Imp, 3 players, lunch time at work. Yet another well received game, despite one of the players still being confused by the trick winning rules.

Full-fat mode: 7 Wonders + Leaders + Cities + the Tower AND The Great Projects from Babel + Armada, 6 players. A big game with lots going on each time cards were played, requiring a good deal of bookkeeping. We did get "lost" at one point with one hand containing 6 cards, four hands with 5 and another with 4, but a bit of card picking sorted that out. A fun experience.
The Resistance: Avalon x 4, 10/9 players (including Rob). Lies, damned lies and Avalon players.

Sunday 10/02 (back with Rob)
Francis Drake, 4 players. Rob finished ahead of me.
Unlock! Exotic Adventures, 4 players. Expedition: Challenger scenario completed in 69:20 with 5 stars. Very good puzzles and app use.
The Game x 2, 4 players. A good start led to a loss with 12 cards remaining, then a poor start resulted in a win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Farrell
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
Me will crush you. Crush you to goo!
mbmbmbmbmb
Scythe x3
Digital version with four players on normal difficulty. I won one of the three games. In that one game I did brilliantly, getting lots of mileage out of Polania's faction ability, but in the other two (playing Saxony and Crimea) an efficient strategy eluded me.

Teotihuacan: City of Gods x1
Solo play. I had my doubts about this just from the length of the Teotibot section of the rulebook; I feared I'd be staring at the book the whole time fidgeting with these rules instead of playing the game. But it actually works incredibly well. I was kind of amazed at how much it felt like playing a real opponent, and I was impressed enough that I went out and bought Anachrony, designed by the guy who did the solo mode for Teotihuacan. I hope I'll have a chance to try that one this week.

Topiary x1
Played with my wife, who beat me as she usually does at this game! I can't seem to figure out how she's doing it.

Viticulture Essential Edition x1
Another game with my wife, and only the second time I've played Viticulture at two players; most of my games have been at 3p. We used all modules from Viticulture: Tuscany Essential Edition. For the sake of novelty I decided to try a strategy in which I never sold any wine or filled a single order. I even committed a thematic violation and drank beer instead of wine while playing this one. But it worked: I'm still undefeated at this game.

Gùgōng x1
Five-player game at my weekend game group. This game was new to me, though I read the rulebook before going over. I went heavily into jade and got a narrow win in what the person teaching us the game said was a surprisingly low-scoring game for everyone. I only had 30 points and she said she normally sees scores in the 40s or 50s. A pretty cool game, one I'd like to try again sometime.

Ra x1
Four-player game with my weekend group, and another one that was new to me, though I'd heard about it before, and another game I thought was pretty cool. I managed a win here too, primarily due to beginner's luck; I felt like I wasn't quite sure what I was doing in the first era, then spent the second focused on recovering purchasing power for the third.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good week. The guy who introduced me to modern gaming was in town for a few days so we got together Tuesday. Also, the kids were with their grandparents this weekend while my wife and I celebrated our anniversary, so we had a little extra gaming time.

Tuesday
Scythe (1x3p) - Only my 2nd play of this. Lost badly, but learned a lot from playing with a more experienced player.
Suburbia (1x3p) - NEW! First play for all players. Interesting, but need another play or two to make up my mind about it.
Galaxy Trucker (1x3p) - My buddy from out of town liked this one so much, he ordered it at the table.
Dominion (1x3p) - A staple of gaming to end the night. Always fun.

Wednesday
The Grizzled (1x2p) - Played with the At Your Orders expansion. It made for a much less punishing and more enjoyable game.

Thursday
Pandemic (1x2p) - For the 2nd week in a row we lost a game of this on the last card that had to be drawn before the turn when we would have, without a doubt, won the game.

Friday
Ad Astra (1x4p) - Definitely a winner with the Friday night group. I couldn't be more happy with this pick up.
Escape: The Curse of the Temple (1x4p) - It's been a while since this made it to the table. We were out of practice and lost badly. Still fun though.

Saturday
Gloomhaven (1x2p) - Fun as always. It was my 1st session with a new character who doesn't play well with others. Now one of my characters actively harms the party while the other heals it. Interesting combination.

Sunday
Scythe (1x2p) - Taught this to my wife. She really enjoyed it, though she never felt like she really knew what she was doing; which I understand. This was my 3rd play and the 1st time I felt like I really had a plan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John B
United States
Scottsville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ugh - everyone was busy this week!

Forbidden Island x4(all solo) This was my thrift store treasure find this week. New un-played copy for $2.99. Fun, a little basic, but might get my wife to try this, as she HATED Pandemic.

Qwirkle After dinner at a friend's, not a big game collection to choose from as game night is usually at my house. I do enjoy Qwirkle once in a while though!

Bohnanza Holy cow, I finally won!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royce Ahrens
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Saturday:
7 Wonders Duel x1
Bohnanza: The Duel x1
Indian Summer x2

Sunday:
Indian Summer x1
Photosynthesis x1
Arboretum x1
Quacks of Quedlinurg x2

It was a great weekend home with my girlfriend and I cant wait to play some more with her online this week while I'm back at college.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Collins
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
CF Vapors - Alternative to Smoking
mbmbmbmbmb
We had family board gaming weekend!

Star Wars: Rebellion with my adult son. We also used the Star Wars: Rebellion – Rise of the Empire expansion for the first time. I won handedly in round 5. We really enjoyed the expansion added in, and look forward to a rematch!

Viceroy with my son and his wife. I won by large margin, but it was their first time playing, so quite understandable. They really enjoyed the game...so many choices, it's almost overwhelming, yet the game is quite simple implementation.

Imhotep with my wife, son and his wife. My son took this one with my wife in close second. I was a distant third with my daughter in law right behind me. One of my wife's favorite games. It's quick to play, but deep enough to keep tensions high. You are usually not in control of your destiny.

The Pursuit of Happiness with my son and his wife. It was their first experience playing and they loved it! My son became President! My daughter-in-law didn't even get a job until later in life, and then had a scandalous affair in her old age (her romantic partner throughout most of her life never put a ring on her finger...soooo). I won by a hair, a retired surgeon/professor, who spent all his wealth on frivolous belongings left me penniless at death. Their stories were much more colorful and interesting than mine, but a win's a win I guess. They couldn't stop talking about this game when it was over - great family experience!

I love family...and family board game weekends!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
West
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the greatest opponent ever (solo plays)
Kanban: Automotive Revolution - Awesome game about efficiency, making cars, and avoiding the sharp backhand of Mean Sandra. 8.5/10, maybe even higher with more multiplayer plays!
Brass: Birmingham - Deep, thinky game about "competing entrepreneurs in Birmingham" or something. It doesn't matter (actually, the theme is pretty neat even if it doesn't come out strongly during play), because it's all about beer, rails, and ruining your opponents' carefully-laid plans. It's also amazing!

With a friend
London (Second Edition) - 2-player game, great fun! Glad to own, don't know how to describe it differently than the past three weeks.

With a buddy
Brass: Birmingham - 2-player game, so much fun! High score, yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelley S.
United States
North Richland Hills
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another great week for board games!

2/4
Fairy Tale Fluxx x2
My husband and I went over to our friends' house for dinner and games. We began with playing Fairy Tale Fluxx while their baby was finishing up dinner. We played it twice. It was my first time experiencing Fluxx and I won both plays. I enjoyed it more than expected. After listening to some podcasts, I thought it would be totally dumb. Fluxx has a place. I believe it would shine when camping.

Carcassonne x1
When the baby was being put to bed, Sid taught us how to play Carcassonne with the 1st and 2nd expansion thrown in there. We did not use the token for the trader. Cory and I loved all the cities. I won by stealing all the cities.

Lords of Waterdeep x1
Lastly, we played Lords of Waterdeep. It was great. We did not play with the expansion, because our friends are new to worker placement. We don't want to introduce the skulls quite yet. We ran out of fighters, because I was hoarding them for a quest.whistle It would have been nice to use the token in the expansion to fix the problem.

2/6
Cat Lady x1
On Wednesday, my MIL came over for dinner and games. We played Cat Lady while we waited for dinner to finish cooking. My favorite part about the game is how quick and easy it plays

Pandemic x1
After dinner, MIL was up for learning a new game. We brought about Pandemic. I was tired from an already long week at work, so I kept knocking all the bits off the table and onto the floor. I could tell my state did effect our game play. She ended up getting the hang of it by the end of the game. We won!

2/8
Choose Your Own Adventure: House of Danger x2
After work, Cory and I hopped in the truck and rode down to Dinosaur Valley State Park. We camped in near freezing weather. That is a new one for me. After we set up the tent and made some burger, we got out House of Danger. I bought it the day before with gift cards and was VERY excited. It seemed like the perfect game to take camping. We had a great time! We made it through the first two chapters before going to bed. We laughed and referenced it many times on our 14 mile hike the next day.

2/10
Clank!: A Deck-Building Adventure x1
After cleaning up the house and the camping equipment, Cory and I had the rest of the afternoon to spend together. We hadn't played Clank! as just a two player, so we got it out. It was interesting. There was little interaction with the dragon. The market didn't move much, so the dragon only attacked 3 times or so. I love deck building, so it didn't bother me. I ended up winning after picking up the golden bananas. Cory and I raced to the top, then I turned around and stayed, so I could continue buying from the market to accumulate points. The strategy worked!

Viticulture Essential Edition x1
Cory and I are working on getting our magic number down to zero. We broke out Viticulture. Wow, it was a tough one to learn by just watching the video and looking at the rule book. It would have been nice to play with someone who knew what they were doing or spent the time to watch a play through. We ended up really liking it. Cory did win. It had a very similar feel to Agricola for my husband. Not so much for myself, due to not being prone to AP. Games don't stress me out. I tend to plan for one or two turns in advance, but not really stress over it. We will be playing it again! It is definitely a winner.

Thanks for reading!

PS- Target has a buy 2 get 1 free deal! Cory and I snatched up Pandemic Legacy Season 1, Time Stories, and 7 Wonders. CAN'T WAITlaugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simona Rex
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
3 game days with 13 plays of 9 games, 2 of them new-to-me and 6 plays for my 10x10 hardcore challenge - not a bad week at all! Plus, I finished another app play against a real person

Wednesday

Twilight Struggle - app

The Grimm Forest - new

Viral

Saturday

Oceans - 3x, the first one my 10th of the year for 10x10 hardcore challenge

Sunday

Twilight Struggle

Seasons

Bunny Kingdom - 2x, 10x10 challenge

Beasty Bar - 2x, 10x10 challenge

Timeline: Discoveries - new