Subject: Really like the "extra" contents of the box... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Bos
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for delivery in The Netherlands.
I have build my U-47 (watch out HMS Royal Oak!) yesterday and I really like the contents of the box.
Not only the 3 separate hull-parts fit well, but also the (empty) All-Resin -Pack-Box is very handy for storage of all the little parts, cards, bags, etc..

Maybe a tip for other Kaleuns here.
i have printed page 14 of the manual (with the components for each role) and put them in separate ziplockbags which are provided in the box (thank you!). In each bag I put a copy of each role/components list.
Other parts are stored in a "misc.parts bag".

Now studying the rules, tactics, weather and map to set sail this weekend when the app arrives!

Good hunting!
Kaleun Walt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 1417945. Cheeze
  • 1d10 =
  • (2) =
  • Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:37 pm
MichaƂ Ozon
Poland
Opole
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Jan!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martyn French
United Kingdom
Coalville
Leics
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the 'surprise' resin box was interesting on opening for me too. At first I thought it was a mistake, because I didn't order them. But inside that were the wooden plotting tools in another small box. I guessed the resin miniature box was left in for packaging/padding purposes, and to give a place to put the optional parts people requested where necessary.

The position of the resin box did slightly dent my box lid as my package had been rather heavily handled by UPS, but it's just a minor crease in one corner so I can live with that. (I'm just glad nothing got wet as there was an 8-inch tear along the edge of the shipping box - I could get my hand inside without even opening it!)

The ziplock bags are always a great addition and very welcome. Similar to you, I set up each role according to the manual and then put each role's starting tokens in individual bags, for faster set up. I have a few bags left over, once the cards and other tokens were bagged up. So I may break them down further - the FO and CE have a LOT of tokens to sort out when they empty their bags! I was happy to see so many activation tokens too. I only punched out half, but I can see that a lot will be required as the crew tires out.

Maybe in future I'll make foamcore box inserts for the tokens, one per role, which will be a challenge due to the other large parts in the box. I think I'll wait for someone else to design an insert first

Huge thanks to the developers for their ongoing hard work - it's fun to see your faces included amongst the sailor artwork!

I can't wait to play it. But I also can't imagine how I'm going to educate my friends on how to work together to run a U-boat. It's going to be hilarious. Bad but hilarious
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabi Games
Netherlands
Lage Zwaluwe
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jan, I am also in NL. When exactly did your game arrive?
I haven't received my kickstarter copy yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls