Subject: Some tweaks to make the game more strategically? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Csaba Kassitzky
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi everybody!

We played a few rounds with the game and while i like the theme and the easy rules, i find it way too quick and easy to kill a random victim. With the extra movement for everyone you can almost always attack twice, the scare ability is very underrated and basically if your victim is not found first, then you most likely will miss your first target as well.

We made the following tweaks:
1. Discard the free movement ability: While this makes the werewolves movement slightly OP, it mostly hinders the instakills. If you manage to defend the victim, the throwing out will hinder your second attack. The scare will also be much more useful, wasting others precious actions to move after it.
2. Zombie ability: I believe, that Zombies ability is way too weak. It should be changed to "Can never get thrown out", which would make it decent.
3*. Maniacs ability: Seemed rather weak for me as well. I would add this there: "Whenever you go into the same room as one of the victims, you deal 1 damage to him/her. If you have multiple targets, you may only choose one. Usable once per room.". Yes, you can score 3 points a round but you can only deal 1-1 damage to the victims this way, so a kill is very circumstantial.
4*. Golems: Their +1 dice is very strong on attack. I would change it to: "For every action they get one less die but +1 success". They get this for every action, so technically it means they break doors automatically, but for attacks they don't get more damage, they just get less spread.

*points 3 and 4 were not tested yet, but i think they might be good fit as well. What do you guys think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Csaba Kassitzky
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Did a quick math on Golem skill om attacks:
The kid gets the best upgrade with it, he gets a +25% increase of average damage(from 1,33 to 1,66). The mom gets +16%(from 2,225 to 2,625) and the dad gets only +12%(from 2,66 to 3). I think this increase is not much, therefore the extension of this to other actions is acceptable.
(The original increase was 1,33->2,225 for the kid, 2,225->2,66 for the mom and 2,66->3,33 for the dad.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vik Leroy
Switzerland
Vaud
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
By removing the moves, can you kill all victims in 8 hours?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Csaba Kassitzky
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We played a 3 player game twice and we managed to kill the victims in 9 moves (3 with each member). If we play with more players, i think it becomes even easier.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quentin Frost
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely remove the free move. With the board so small, and the rooms so interconnected, it was ridiculous moving around. We killed that rule immediately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls