John Zaenglein
United States
Depew
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You get what you pay for
mbmbmbmbmb
We are playing our first game tonight. I have never studied a game so much before teaching like I have this one. I printed stickers for the 3.0 rules and everything. I have one question. The Law says:

4.2 You Must Rule. To take a move, you must rule
the origin clearing, destination clearing, or both.

It then has a little picture of the Vagabond and Riverfolk as a reminder that their rules for this are different. Shouldn't there also be a picture of the Eyrie since they can only move from a territory matching their decree card?

7.5.2 II Move. Move at least one warrior from any
clearing whose suit matches the card suit.

Does this combine with 4.2? So if the Eyrie also do not rule the clearing they are coming from do they go into turmoil?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dom Rougier
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinger56 wrote:

It then has a little picture of the Vagabond and Riverfolk as a reminder that their rules for this are different. Shouldn't there also be a picture of the Eyrie since they can only move from a territory matching their decree card?
The requirement to rule still holds for the Eyrie. You are forced to make a move from a clearing matching one in the decree, but you'll be unable to move if you don't rule that clearing or one adjacent to it.

That's a potential way that other players can disrupt your decree, but it'll usually be quite difficult. More likely with something like the Lizard cult though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rav
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zinger56 wrote:
We are playing our first game tonight. I have never studied a game so much before teaching like I have this one. I printed stickers for the 3.0 rules and everything. I have one question. The Law says:

7.5.2 II Move. Move at least one warrior from any
clearing whose suit matches the card suit.

Does this combine with 4.2? So if the Eyrie also do not rule the clearing they are coming from do they go into turmoil?
There's nothing special about Eyrie's movement itself. It's just their action that allows them to take a movement is triggered by the card in the decree.

So, they follow the same rules. To make a move, you must rule the origin clearing, destination clearing, or both.
In addendum, their move action must be from a clearing that matches the card's suit in the move column of the decree.

If one of their move cards was a bunny, they would have to move from a bunny clearing, following the 4.2 rules. They still only have to control one of the two locations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Zaenglein
United States
Depew
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You get what you pay for
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cruz
Portugal
Arcozelo - Vila Nova de Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And remember that the Eyrie rules even if they are tied in warriors and buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Iver Wilhelmsen
Norway
Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dugy wrote:
And remember that the Eyrie rules even if they are tied in warriors and buildings.
... but a Lizard garden overrides that rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls